1,254 results
All reviews urban farmer rock and roll hall front desk heavenly bed the club lounge convention center lake view valet parking within walking distance walk in shower football stadium hall of fame beautiful hotel first energy stadium valet service browns stadium nice stay
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We stayed here on the 1st night of a cross country trip. We had a lovely room with two queens. Competitive rate. Nice lobby. Valet parking only which was easy. Short walk to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Science Museum. Maybe a 20 minute walk to ballpark.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear mrnugget,

Thank you for your review and glad to see you enjoyed some of the great options within walking distance from the hotel. Yes the ballpark is about 10-15 minutes walking distance.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I've stayed at this hotel once a year for the last three or four years and it used to be wonderful. Unfortunately, the location is great, but the room is subpar and the service is miserable. Here's a quick summary of our experience:
1) The sheets don't fit the bed
Not like the kinda fit - they DON'T cover the entire mattress. When asked if they could put the correct sheets on my bed they told me that they don't have king size sheets. It's disgusting that my feet (and everyone else's) are touching the mattress every night.
2) Wrong room keys
While checking in - the less than attentive - desk attendant gave us keys to someone else's room. That's right, instead of focusing on our check-in, they created keys for some other person's room and handed them to us. That's not safe!
3) The toilet seat doesn't fit....
Again, like the sheets, the toilet seat didn't fit the toilet - and I don't mean it was 'kinda' off, it was falling off the toilet. Uncomfortable, unsightly, and unacceptable.
4) Bad Room Service
We ordered breakfast. No big deal... but when our order arrived at our door - it wasn't ours. They treated us like it was our fault they brought the wrong order. After waiting an hour for our meal, we received the correct order, with no silverware. What?
5) The little things
Then there are the little things: no coffee creamers or stirrers one day after they serviced the room, servicing the room so late that it's not worth servicing, no light in the room, leaving room service items even after servicing the room.

Honestly, I won't be staying here again. Try the Hilton. I had friends who loved it there.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Drew D

Dear Drew D,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I have sent you a private messages so that we can continue the conversation and hopefully welcome you back to the Westin.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

So overall, the Westin is as expected. A high level of service, clean comfortable rooms, very comfortable beds. The Urban Farmer restaurant in the hotel is excellent, but very pricey so we only had breakfast there, but not dinner. Views from the rooms are very nice, either of the city or the lake.

There are 2 reasons for the 3 star rating instead of 4 stars. First, the Wi Fi policy. They charge $12.95/day for wi fi in the rooms. Utterly outrageous in this day and age. Especially when I could have gone to many other hotels of lesser reputation/quality as a Westin, and received free Wi Fi. Regardless of what the management of the hotel would say, it's inexcusable. Just be forewarned of that policy if you decide to book here. Second was the bathroom. While it was modern and clean and full of marble and tile, that tile continued into the shower, where it became very slippery when wet. Same with the floor in the bathroom itself. There was nothing on the floor, and no rubber mat provided to keep from falling. I ended up throwing a hand towel on the floor of the shower, to keep from killing myself.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear BeantownMan,

Thank you for your stay and review. I appreciate the feedback on the Wi-Fi charge and the bathroom tile. We do provide bathmats in each room, sounds like it may have been missing from your guestroom. I will be sure to review with our Housekeeping team. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Very well located, easy walk to most popular attractions, lakeside rooms offer beautiful views including incredible sunsets. Restaurant had delicious and innovative food. Stay was made exceptional by the service of one notable employee, Danyelle Rodgers. She not only provided excellent service in Executive Club but also could answer any questions our large group came up with. She even went around checking on guests individually at the wedding we attended. I can’t say enough great things about her service.

Room Tip: Request lake view
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear thomasmoriarty59,

Thank you for the note about Danyelle, I will be sure to share my appreciation with her. It is great to see you enjoyed the views from your room. Our Club Lounge team definitely does a great job. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent, room with a river view. I could see thy he Rock and Roll Hall of Fame from my window. Also saw some of the air show outside my window. Check in was easy and the front desk was very friendly. Convenient location everything is walkable. The room was very comfortable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Lilian V,

Thank you for the 5 bubble review! I'm glad you got to watch some of the air show from your room, that definitely was a treat for a lot of our guests over that weekend. I'll be sure to thank our Front Desk team for the friendly welcome and ease of check in.