All reviews wine hour progressive field yoga mat grocery store across the street playhouse square claw foot tub complimentary wine shampoo and conditioner fire pit a city view room street noise loved our stay corner suite walking distance walk in shower water pressure in the shower perfect location
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

So we went in on a Sunday afternoon Labor Day weekend before the baseball game and sat down at the bar to have a few drinks. I started off with a Negroni which was mixed perfectly. The bartender was prompt and talkative and very nice. We talked about gins and she even recommended other gincentric places to try in Cleveland. I really like the ambiance and the energy. The building is beautiful and you’re in a perfect part of the city. This is almost a hidden gem. Definitely recommend this place to people that want a fine dining feel in a casual setting. Service is great!!!! Check this place out.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
KeithS3017, General Manager at Kimpton Schofield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you markthesharkOhio! I'm so glad to hear this feedback and I'll make sure we celebrate it with the team. Please come back and see us again soon. All the best, Keith

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Our room was a tidy but small room with a view of other walls, not even an alley. The room was comfortable, but there is no coffee maker or ice bucket, though the ice dispenser was just outside our room. Oddly the shower has no door or curtain, only half a vertical glass wall, so the water goes on floor... duh. The bathroom ceiling fan didn't work so there was steam on everything, even the floor, counter, mirror and under the sink. We swear housekeeping put the "do not disturb" sign out to skip our room. We know we didn't. It did get cleaned but only after asking the desk. The location is great, and the lobby staff very friendly, just a few quirks that made it feel a bit overpriced.

Room Tip: Street side, check the room before accepting to make sure your amenities work properly.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RFDACM
KeithS3017, General Manager at Kimpton Schofield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear RFDACM,
Thank you for the feedback. Rest assured, I am following up on the points noted that about the service received. Regarding the coffee makers, we do have them available upon request so next visit we can certainly provide that to you. Due to the complimentary coffee bar in the mornings, this is not a standard offering. There is a fan up in the vents in all the bathrooms albeit hard to detect or here but I'll certainly have a look at this to ensure proper operation. And I'll follow up with the housekeeping notes, certainly doesn't sound like something our staff would do but I'll look into further and address appropriately. We hope to see you back. All the best, Keith

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at a number of Kimpton properties in California and Utah over the years the Kimpton Schofield did not meet my expectations of the quality Kimpton boutique hotel experience While there were several highlights, over all the experience was dismal. Upon our arrival, close to midnight on a Wednesday, Bell staff were not available to assist with luggage. This was not a significant concern as I was able to easily transport our belongings to our room.
The next morning I inquired about transportation to retrieve a rental car at the airport. The Bellman arranged for a cab, which arrived in a reasonable time frame.
However, the back of the front right seat was missing the upholstery revealing the springs. While the weather was hot and humid, the air conditioning was not functional for miles. The interior was cloaked in smoke. Upon arrival at my destination, I had to wait to pay the fare while the driver contacted his office. Since the cab was arranged by Kimpton staff, I expected an air conditioned, smoke free vehicle.
On two occasions our room was not serviced, until Reception was contacted. The linens weren't changed in five days. My experience is that linens are changed daily, or every three days. Wash clothes were not available one day, which I have never encountered.
With the exception of the last two days, Valet never asked if we needed directions, yet asked each day if we were checking out. Again, my experience at the Kimpton and other properties we have frequented, we were always asked if directions were needed and provided with water for the trip.
The lobby restrooms were not well maintained. Toilet tissue, seat liners and paper towels were not routinely nor completely stocked. I alerted Reception staff to the lack of paper towels. The situation was rectified. Guests should not be expected to monitor restrooms.
The evening receptions were nice and provided an opportunity to meet fellow guests. Parker's Downtown, the restaurant, to the left of the lobby, though loud had tastey food that appealed to a variety of palates. The food was well prepared and aesthetically presented.
Heinen's Grocery store, across the street, was a terrific asset, as were the proximity of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
I shared my comments with the HR Manager, who was appreciative. Comments were also shared with the General Manager and a survey completed with no response. I did receive a response from the Housekeeping Manager.
This was a very special trip for my ninety-four year old Mother, marred by the inefficiencies at the Kimpton. I booked this property based on my past positive experiences at Kimpton properties in CA and UT. While there is more to share, I feel our experience provides an overview of this property and the disinterest of the General Manager for his patrons.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Kimpton Schofield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear KatBugs,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from June 2018 with the TA community. It took me a while to find your survey due to it being a few months ago, rest assured we did see and action the feedback via the guest survey completed. I'm glad to hear that our housekeeping manager and HR manager also listened and took action on your feedback. My apologies for these shortfalls. I need to further note, that the property was between General Managers at the time of your visit and feedback so hence why I believe you did not get a response initially other than from our department head in housekeeping. As you know, in staying with Kimptons in the past, normally we are very good about being responsive to any sort of concern and always try to remedy it to the best of our ability. I started mid-July and will certainly be a resource for you if you can ever book travels again to Cleveland. We will certainly ensure a comfortable and memorable visit for you next time. All the best, Keith

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stayed here for three nights in June for a girls weekend in Cleveland. We were in room 716 which had two queen beds, overlooking Heinen’s grocery across the street which is in a beautiful heritage building. Overall, we had a pleasant stay, great location, friendly staff, nicely appointed room though it wasn’t without some flaws.

The hotel is in a fantastic location downtown – just a few minutes walk to E 4th St and the sports arenas. The lobby is quite lovely, clean and modern, with a very pleasant (though smallish) sitting area to enjoy your complimentary wine during happy hour or your morning coffee. Staff were friendly throughout our stay. You can borrow bikes and guitars, which we didn’t do, but a nice touch.

Our room was generally quite pleasant. Comfortable beds, decent closet space, fun little touches like the customizable light-up sign (we had to get creative since we were missing quite a few letters!). However, if you are a light sleeper or bothered by noise, this isn’t the room for you. While we were on the highest floor (7th – private residences on the floors above), there was still quite a bit of street noise as the windows didn’t do a good job of keeping noise out. Additionally, the AC is loud when it’s running, and we could hear noise through the door of the adjoining room. The room was also devoid of some of the standard things I’m used to in hotels of a similar calibre like a coffee maker and automatic turndown service.

The bathroom was spacious, lots of counter space. Though the shower was really quite silly – a half-glass wall with no curtain, so you had to get used to walking around in puddles every morning (or on sopping wet towels you put down in a feeble attempt to soak up water!). There are no individual toiletries – to save money, they have full size pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. There was what a surmise was a cotton ball holder, but can’t confirm, since it was never filled up. The bathroom did not have fan, so it got quite steamy and humid.

The gym was fairly well appointed – water and towels, a fair size room with decent equipment, kettlebells, weights, etc. I believe it is shared with those living in the private residences.

If you want to save on parking, there is a public lot on the same block around the corner off Euclid St. It was very inexpensive (IIRC about $12 a day), and a one minute walk (I’m guessing it’s the same lot they use for valet parking).

We paid about US $750 all-in for 3 nights under their “stay longer and save” promotion – good value overall. I would certainly recommend the Kimpton with the above caveats, and would consider staying there again at a similar rate, though it wouldn’t necessarily be my automatic choice of hotel in Cleveland.

Room Tip: Save on parking - self-park at the lot around the corner off Euclid St (1 min walk)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moops
Keith S, General Manager at Kimpton Schofield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Moops,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in such great detail. We greatly appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share it with the team. We will certainly investigate the noisy A/C unit, that is not normal for us. Also, for future note, we do have coffee makers available but since we offer the complimentary coffee bar in the morning down in our living room, we don't offer it standard in all guest rooms. Thank you again and hope to see you back soon! All the best, Keith

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Decided to take a quick road trip to Rock n Roll Hall of fame. Our kids turned us on to Kimpton Hotels.... and this place was great. great service, nice clean room, friendly staff, nice restaurant and lounge. You will feel like you are in a 4 star at the cost of a 2 star.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemini62061

Dear gemini62061,
Thank you for taking the time to post this great review. I'm glad you followed your kids recommendation and decided to stay with us! Thank you and we hope to see you back soon! All the best, Keith S