“A must stop when passing through Cleveland for us”

and 1 more site!
Stone Gables Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Jersey City, New Jersey
“A must stop when passing through Cleveland for us”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Richard is an ideal host. Thoughtful, generous and a great conversationalist. He has done a fantastic job bringing back the old dame's glory. The location is also convenient to great restaurants. We will stay with Richard again next time our travels bring us through Cleveland.
Brian and Dan

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Aomori, Japan
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I greatly enjoyed my two nights' recent stay at Stone Gables B&B in Cleveland's funky Ohio City neighborhood. RIchard (host) was pleasant, affable, helpful, and accommodating. My digs ("Blue Room") were fine, and access to the inviting common living area just outside the bedroom made me feel that I had the run of the house. Richard makes a great breakfast, and he (unlike a nearby competing B&B, which I visited last fall) graciously accommodated my request for a simple breakfast. Stone Gables is a little walk (10-15 mins at a brisk pace) from the primary sights and shops of Ohio City, but I enjoyed it and would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew1234
Avon, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2011

From Barbara of Avon, Ohio:
I enjoyed sleeping in the "tent room".
Being a senior citizen, I appreciated our host, Richard, carrying my suit case upstairs to my room and outside to the car the following morning.
The breakfast table was beautifully set with China. The fresh fruit was delicious and the eggs benedict exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Yellow room has 6ft jacuzzi that my sister enjoyed
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Just wanted to say thank you so much Richard for your wonderful hospitality!! Your Home is so beautiful!! It was breath taking to wake up there!! Your a GREAT cook & a GREAT person!! We will definitly be back!!!

Thanks Again!!
Lisa Blair & David Colon

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This Ohio city B & B was a a wonderful addition to our weekend get away for dining and theater. It was conveniently located between the restaurant and Cleveland Public Theater. The house was very accommodating and beautifully decorated. Our king size bed was incredibly comfortable as were the pillows and linens! The deep whirlpool tub was and added treat (along with soft bath towels that smelled fabulous!). Breakfast was wonderful and the freshly ground coffee was brewed to perfection. Richard, the proprietor, was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and very engaging. We look forward to a return trip in milder weather so we can take advantage of so much that Cleveland has to offer within walking distance!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple