“First time and we will go back”
Review of Ohio City Glass

Ohio City Glass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located at 3821 Lorain Ave in the Ohio City Historic Artisan District of Cleveland, Ohio. Just blocks away from The Westside Market, just down the street from Platform Brewery and The Grocery, Ohio City Glass offers affordable, quality handmade glass by local artists as well as offering glass blowing classes to the public and providing a rental facility for local glass artists.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was such a great experience! My husband, another couple and I went on a double date and we had so much fun. Dan talked us through the process, we all chose to make paperweights (there were other options to choose from) and then the fun began. Dan thoroughly explained each step and then let us do our thing. He was very helpful when we made a mistake and showed us how forgiving glass really is. As a high school science teacher, I loved how knowledgeable he was about the science behind the process. Our class ran over the scheduled end time, but he never made us feel like we needed to hurry (even though his dinner was delivered while we were still working). I can't wait to go back with my 7 year old daughter so that she can give it a try!

1  Thank bgsucassandra

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We used Groupon to schedule a class and arrived to find a note taped on the door that our session was canceled. This was extremely frustrating because one of the group members had traveled from out of town to attend. We were eventually able to reschedule and finally attend a class. However, we were never able to pick up the glass pieces that were made and left to cool that day because the business closed. I have exhausted methods to contact Ohio City Glass - phone number is no longer in service, website has no contact information, and we've even tried dropping by unannounced - no one is ever there. Stopped by in January 2018 - still no, but their website says they are now New and open for classes.
This company is unreliable, uncommunicative, and a waste of your time and money!

1  Thank clevelandrocks2018
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We had a great time and were given good advice, but upon returning to pick up our two pieces, one of them was lost and one of them had been broken. Wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I purchased 3 Groupons for my daughters and me...I drove 200 miles and other daughter drove over 100 miles. When we arrived, we found the sign, dated July 23 saying they were closed because of heat. But... I received an email July 25, stating they were excited to see us on the 29th, Besides travel time, gas, etc., we were all so disappointed that we were not able to take the class. I contacted Groupon and they were great. Have refunded the three Groupons. Initially they gave me Groupon bucks, but I asked for cash and they have refunded back to my credit card. I understand things beyond control but they had my contact info and could have saved us the trip.

3  Thank judimac13
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I bought a groupon deal as a Christmas gift for my dad and I to attend a glassblowing class.

Booking the class was a chore - we tried using the online scheduler, but no classes were available. So I followed the website's instructions to email a request to book glassblowing during a beadmaking timeslot. No response.

Finally we gave up and decided to try again when my dad was back in Ohio this summer. I booked us a Friday morning class - for which I took the day off of work. We received a confirmation email the week of, and drove out there that Friday, excited it was finally here, only to discover a locked door and nobody answering the phone (which had a full voicemail box). We waited for about 30 minutes, and eventually the owner of the grocery next door walked over to tell us "this happens all the time," that the owners of Ohio City Glass don't show up for booked classes. What a frustrating waste of half a day, and of my vacation time.

Thankfully, Groupon credited the money back to me that I had spent. However, I'm disappointed to see Groupon is still selling new vouchers for this place.

3  Thank IrishMeg89