“Worth the wait.”
Review of Jack Flaps

Jack Flaps
Ranked #108 of 1,918 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food here is awesome. The coffee is fantastic. The only downside of Jack Flaps on Lorain is you are almost certainly going to have to wait 30 minutes in line to get seated. I've never regretted doing this.

1  Thank Eleanor H

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this place today on a friend’s recommendation and I was disappointed on different aspects:
- the decoration is rather boring, I didn’t feel good when I walked in.
- the service is really average, even below average. My friend is not from here and when she was confused with something the waitress said she made her feel silly
- the food was good, I ordered the vanilla bean rice pudding. But I disliked the menu and the food options. It’s a breakfast joint and they offer weird stuff like a creme brûlée or tiramisu...
So I won’t be back and I won’t recommend but what I ate is worth a 3 out of 5 rate.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Ordered coffee and water while looking over the menu. It came and she put it down at end of the table not in front of me.
Ordered eggs grits and toast. The eggs came on a butter plate...no toast or grits. I asked where's the toast ...the waitress went back, about 5 min. later I got toast but didn't bring the grits!! If the restaurant was busy I could understand but it was not (Friday, 10 am. I will say I like the Grits they were good I disliked the service.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

It's pretty hard to screw up breakfast. Well Flap Jacks did. I met friends there for breakfast. They picked it. First, it's poorly marked and I had slightly difficult time locating it. Once inside, I stood by the door trying to figure out if I needed to be seated or what. After 5 minutes or so the waitress said to sit anywhere. The table that I sat at had no dirty dishes but was not really cleaned. Crumbs and liquids on the table. The table next to me sat there with dirty dishes full of cold and half eaten food for half the time I was there. Gross!

I asked for water and the waitress, after some minutes showed up with a glass of water - no ice - and the glass was chipped at the bottom. The silver ware and the napkins were in a basket at the end of the table. So anyone could have touched or used the silver ware and put it back in the basket

The menu is very limited. It looks like the thing to order is the pan cakes, which I didn't. I ordered two eggs, grits and toast. My friend ordered two eggs also. Finally the waitress came with two fried eggs on a saucer - yes, a saucer - and nothing else. I asked her where the grits and toast was but she said she brought the eggs so they wouldn't get cold! I couldn't get any salt.

After 10 minutes or so, she showed up with the grits which had kind of a cinnamon taste - not good. The toast was also on a small plate - very dry with two packets of butter on the side.

This had to be the worse breakfast I've ever had. Flap Jacks labels itself as a place for an urban breakfast. I still haven't figured out their motif, but what ever it is, it's bad.

The waitress was less than friendly and got porky with me when I asked about the rest of my food.

The vegetarian choices were very limited. You couldn't even get an omelet.

Can't say enough bad things about this place.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

went here for the first time for my birthday, I had been wanting to go for awhile! So glad we made the hour trip up! The food was amazing, had the vegetable hash and the Tiramisu pancakes. Both were delicious! our server was great, never let our coffee get low. cant wait to go back!