“So good!”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

I get to Cleveland only a couple times a year. Each time I know I'm going to be there, I do my best to make sure that a visit to Nate's is part of the schedule. The food is so good. Their falafel plate is something I dream about between trips!

1  Thank Inclanunna

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I met a friend for lunch at Nate's. Although, it is on West 25th Street, It is a traditional lunch spot for us.

1  Thank Rejoyc
Reviewed 5 September 2016

After hearing about Nate's for years (lines outside the restaurant, no reservations, authentic and yummy, etc), we were delighted that our Syrian friend brought us to an early dinner arriving at 3:45 pm (restaurant closes at 5 pm and as the wait person explained to us, "That means the wait staff are out the door at 5 pm." Oh!) Our host ordered what he considered the most authentic. The overall quality of the food is very good but again, we've had more excellence in the context of authenticity. What's good:
*Fatoush salad - well balanced
*Baba G'nou - well balanced and yes, authentic
*Beef kafta
*Lamb shish kebab
*Rice
*Domades

What's not quite so good:
*Hummus - I think a bit more garlic would make it more balanced -- to bring out the umami. In fact, the next day, this hummus tasted better by acquiring umami.
*Peta - surprise: purchased from Aladin! We were expecting home made peta baked in their own oven.
*Chicken shish kebob - very dry
*Spinach pie - pastry soft and soggy (no wonder my host never orders this!)
*Kibee - okay but the ratio of meat to outside is too high. Meat was slightly tasteless as well - could do with some balance and seasoning

1  Thank DNARNA2014
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Old school middle eastern restaurant. Best humus and baba I've ever had. Also the tahini is very good.

1  Thank laurapok
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Love their hummus and pita pies. It's a small restaurant just a few doors down from the West Side Market so Market days are probably busier than other days. I don't get there often as live on other side of town but go when I can.

1  Thank elainesO7510BW