All reviews university circle severance hall valet parking typical courtyard great location front desk within a mile radius case western reserve campus large walk in shower walking distance museum of art botanical gardens valet service is rapid transit marriott property free shuttle two queen beds
Reviewed 16 December 2017

The best part about this hotel is the location--you are within walking distance of the Case Western campus, University Hospital, and Art Museum. Rooms were clean and well-maintained and the staff was friendly. I arrived quite late and the bar/restaurant still had food for me. Overall a very good experience, I cannot think of anything that was lacking at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AJOhio
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Wish I could give zero stars. I booked a room here for my father as it is right next to the hospital and looked nice online. When I called and booked for the next day with Stephen I explained I needed everything to be ready to go when he arrived as he has enough stress with my aunt having a stroke and being in ICU. I was asked to send a credit card authorization form so he wouldn’t be asked for a card. I did this and called the next morning just to confirm everything was ready. It wasn’t. No record I had sent the form, even though I could see I had emailed it to the right person. The girl on the phone Sam asked me to send it again but to her. I did. I booked the room for one night and my dad booked a second night on his card. After he checked out I never saw a charge on my card so I called. I was told my dads card was charged for both nights. They weren’t going to be able to fix it until Susan the manager came the next day. She called the next afternoon and said she would refund my dads card but threatened me if I didn’t resend the authorization form she would charge his card back. This would have been the third time and to third person I sent the form with all of my personal information. No one really cared that they messed up and caused undo stress in a time we had enough stress with my aunt passing away. I reported all of this to cooperate who did not seem to care either. I will never stay at a Marriott again and I warn others to beware.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
TeamConcord, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear polly329,

First and foremost, we send you our condolences for your aunt's passing. We were disheartened to read about the problems you experienced, and we hope you will accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Our management team is taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding accommodations and service, and we wish your family the best during this difficult time.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This is a nice hotel in an excellent location near museums and lots of restaurants, etc. All staff members I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. But our stay had a few issues that I wouldn't expect for a hotel of this tier. The rooms for some members of our party were not being ready on time (and weren't prepped until quite late in the day). Breakfast also took ages and only part of our order came the first time around. The pool was so cold as to be almost unusable. And we got some towels but no real housekeeping.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TeamConcord, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Anna R, we are pleased overall you enjoyed your stay, but sorry lack of housekeeping tainted what could have been a perfect experience. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and they realize their missteps. We can assure you we are dedicated to providing only the best service possible moving forward. Thank you for being our guest and please come back and see us soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the Courtyard several times. Our son attends a nearby university and the Courtyard is ideally located next to campus.

It is also directly adjacent to a hub or Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals, so you would expect to hear sirens. Outside, there are nearly constant sirens but you can’t hear a peep inside! They must have soundproof walls and windows.

The beds are comfortable and the room and bathroom immaculate.

We are always greeted with a smile and treated like friends. Blair, at the front desk, made us dinner reservations at Michael Angelos which was a short walk. It was delicious.

We had a great stay and will stay here again soon!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The absolute best place to stay. They opened their arms and bent over backwards to take care of us. We were there for medical needs and they are kind and caring. Thank you
The entire staff. Breakfast was good, shuttle always prompt and front desk unbelievable .

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank 507barbarau
TeamConcord, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear 507barbarau, thank you for the kind feedback. We are so proud of our staff and their dedication to our guests happiness and overall needs. Its appreciated you recognizing their efforts and your compliments have been shared with all. We would love to have you back with us and soon. Thank you again!

Regards,