“Unexpected Find”

Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were heading home from Toledo with a planned stop in Cleveland Heights at Dick Blick to pick up some artists supplies. As we were checking out, I asked the person behind the desk if there were any good places nearby for lunch. Immediately she said Tommy's. Just around the corner with good food and GREAT milkshakes. Sounded like a good place to try. It was.

We both ordered meat pies. Plus I ordered a chocolate milk shake. The milk shake came out first. It was terrific. Very thick and tasty. Then the meat pies came out. They were large and very good and filling. Our server was terrific. She helped us to understand the menu. The place is a bit quirky, but that adds to the ambience.

This was a wonderful find in an interesting part of Cleveland Heights. An arty community.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Tommy's a Cleveland treasure. One of the first vegan restaurants in Cleveland. Love the hard dipped shakes either icecream or yogurt. Normally get the AD, Any of the many types of hummus are a great choice along with the farfalle. Great place to people watch. Fun area to explore

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Every time my family and I have dined here the food has been soo good. The vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals along with the milkshakes(vegan/regular) are all welcoming treats. I like the naming conventions of the meals. If ever in Cleveland Heights, stop by. Attached is take-away cups from the milkshake.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Back in the early 70's I was a strictly vegetarian college student with few restaurant dining options, but I could always count on Tommy's for lots of tasty choices at affordable prices. That was a long time ago and I hadn't been there in quite a while. Yesterday my mother and I took a trip down memory lane and found this place is still very much the same. They have a wonderfully extensive menu with something for pretty much everyone - vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Everything is fresh and they will make it the way you want it - if they've got the ingredients they'll put them together the way you want them. We both had breakfast with eggs, potatoes, bacon (mom), meatless soy "sausage" (me), wheat toast, muffins and bottomless coffee for about $20, served quickly in a friendly ambience. We were there at the breakfast end of the day, but seeing all the yummy things offered for lunch\dinner (interesting sandwiches, salads, spinach pies, felafel, pizza, quiche, burgers-including vegetarian, and lots of fresh-made desserts and ice cream treats) we decided we need to go back soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my eggs, home fries and toasted pita with tea that my server picked for me. The portion was plentiful and they had so much to choose from.