“Great corned beef hash and stuffed French toast, puzzling seating”
Review of Grumpy's Cafe

Grumpy's Cafe
Ranked #32 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 April 2016

I have to admit my experience at Grumpy's Cafe began with an admittedly petty annoyance on my part. The place was not particularly full when my teenage daughter and I arrived, yet we were seated two feet from a foursome of other diners. Maybe it was the awesome looking table promising a great view at the front window, but it was disappointing when we got plunked down deep inside the restaurant next to the unused patio. I guess we're not hip enough for Tremont and the restaurant didn't want to run the risk of attracting more people like us by having us sit by the window.
Food was excellent - I recommend the 14th Street Special if you're a corned beef hash connoisseur - and the presentation of my daughter's stuffed French toast was as beautiful as the food was delicious.
She did make note of the art decorating the walls, which was all local and for sale. Some was magnificent and some inspired only head-scratching, but it was great to see a local business support the artist community.
Great place and wonderful staff, but next time don't crowd us next to other people.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Charming in an up and coming location. Food was very good and lots of selections. Nice artwork too. Staff was friendly and easy parking.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We went to Grumpy's to celebrate my birthday and it was truly a wonderful experience. We arrived at the height of the Brunch hour and stayed until around noon when things started to slack off. Grumpy's allowed us to wait in a side parlor and provided coffee while we waited which was a pleasant experience. We were seated after about a 30 minute wait. The wait staff was excellent in spite of the place being jammed. The food was very good as was the coffee and wait staff made sure our cup was always refilled.I had a a Literary Omelet which was very good and my wife had the Veggie Benedict which was excellent. It was a birthday to enjoy and remember.

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, cozy atmosphere. I would definitely come back again. Food was very good, and decent amount on the plate. And coffee refills without even asking for them.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

I've been twice now and both visits were amazing! The food was great and service was fantastic! Food was ordered and cooked within minutes. Great portions, very filling, great selection.