“Only go if you like to overpay for bad food.”

Encore at the Wyndham Playhouse Square
Ranked #314 of 1,984 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Encore and Blue Bar are located inside the Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We offer Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our proximity to the theater district make us a great spot for pre-theater dining. Our all you can eat lunch buffet is the the fastest and best lunch in the district. Blue Bar offers 1/2 price beverages and appetizers, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm-7:00pm.
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We should have known better when we were taken to a table for 2 with a reservation for 6. It went downhill from there. Most entrees were upper $20 to $30 something. My tiny overcooked 3 scallops came with maybe a teaspoon of peas and 4 pieces of cauliflower. We waited over an hour for our food which might explain why it was overcooked. I don't usually bother leaving bad reviews and just don't go back but in this case I feel I am doing a public service. Don't go there.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Menu was extremely limited and pricey for what it is. The bar was very loud, and in spite only 2 others tables had guests besides ours, the service was horrible. Took 20 minutes to get my check after I asked for it. Find another place to try, this one isn't what you're looking for.

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Went on a Sunday before a play, not a lot open on a Sunday for lunch in the playhouse square area. We left plenty of time to get to the play unfortunately they were turning over from breakfast to lunch and didn't have any sense of urgency to want to help us. We also ordered a couple of drinks which took 20 minutes to come. I had the chicken wrap which was very dry and my husband had a burger which he said was very good. The fries were good we both got them on the side and were served hot. Service was just ok, I would pick somewhere else next time we need to eat before a play.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

My wife and I visited this restaurant before a show at Playhouse Square, since we stayed at the Wyndham that evening. My wife got the filet mignon and I got the salmon. Both just melted in our mouths. And the service was excellent as well. The waitress went out of her way to make sure we had a great experience and got out in time to catch the show -- which was a short walk down the street.

If you plan to go to the Playhouse and spend the night at the Wyndham, buy the package online. You'll save considerably on the cost of your hotel room. And go to the Encore before the show.

Also, the Playhouse actors appeared to stay at the Wyndham and were at the Encore after the show. It was great to interact with them after just having seen them on stage. Great experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Good food, except ordered burger medium, got very burnt. Room service was courteous and prompt. Menu said burgers were $9.00, was charged 11.50. Wanted a Cuban from menu, was told they no longer serve them. Otherwise good.