“Awesome bartender and amazing wings”

The Greenhouse Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greenhouse Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,875 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Euclid & Prospect
Transit: Short walk from both Terminal Tower and Public Square - RTA and Trolly lines (http://www.riderta.com/).
Reviewed 28 July 2015

My fiance and I decided to travel to Cleveland for a weekend getaway. Every time we stopped in somewhere we asked for recommendations on where to eat and we specially asked where to find good hot wings. We had a few people recommend the Greenhouse Tavern so we thought we should give it a try and we are so glad we did! We sat at the bar, our bartender, Sean, was great! He was extremely friendly and attentive. We split an order of wings and they were delicious! When they first came out we were skeptical because they look smaller than what we are used to but that did not matter! They were extremely flavorful and the meat fell off the bone. If we ever make the trip back to Cleveland we will definitely go back for wings again!

Reviewed 27 July 2015

I have to admit that I use Trip Adivsor all of the time to locate great places to eat, but I never review back. Tonight, I am going to review what has to be my worst food experience in ten years: Greenhouse Tavern. I am a food photographer and I travel constantly. I write a blog and appreciate great food. I am not only into fine food; a great Big Mac or great foie gras can be worthy of equal attention.
My experience at Greenhouse was absolutely disappointing. We had read the amazing reviews, and by those reviews this seemed like exactly what we were looking for. Problem: it was not. After multiple replies from the small menu of "we are not actually serving a sandwich" and "there is no Tabasco chicken today", I ended up ordering my fifth choice of gnocchi. I received undercooked pasta shells with carrots on top for $13. Are you kidding me? Really? Even with an egg on top it is pasta and NOT gnocchi. I had to send it back. I had to because I did not order that.
I was met with a "well, it is not potato gnocchi..." Well...then it is not really gnocchi, then, is it? Sigh.
Anyway, I decided to be nice and order a simple frites with rosemary and roasted garlic. What I received was rosemary with raw garlic and a few fries for $7. I suppose that a handful of rosemary is more expensive than fries, but I simply wanted fries. The raw garlic took me by surprise, and I ended up with a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the night.
Avoid this place. Things sound great, hipster and honest, but it is really a tourist trap for the unsuspecting.

5  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 27 July 2015

We went on a Friday night of an Indians game -- we were six dudes and we chowed down the following: chicken wings (awesome); bucket o'fried chicken (solid), the pig's head (awesome but needs sauce), and the beef short ribs (the best of the night). Great, friendly service--we had a front row picnic table for three hours and they didn't kick us out. The street was hopping all night and we enjoyed the atmosphere. If you like meat, eat it here.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Congratulations to Chef Jonathon Sawyer for winning the 2015 James Beard Great Lakes Competition. But our recent visit to the Greenhouse Tavern disappointed. Perhaps if we had ordered one of his pork dishes, we would have been happier. That seems to be his specialty.

My husband tried the gravy frites, a poutine-like dish. It was flavorful but came to the table barely warm; a mistake. I had the brown rice and bean veggie burger; unremarkable, and it cost $18. The appearance of the burger was unappetizing; it looked like raw hamburger meat.

A large table next to us shared the pig's head. A young man in the group brought his friends to the restaurant to try this dish. He was the only one that seemed to be enjoying it. They serve the head with sandwich rolls. People strip off pieces of meat and a lot of fat. Hard to watch. Didn't appeal to us.

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Went there with five other family members. Waiter was excellent. Guided us through some very different appetizers and entrees. The mussels were outstanding, as was the lamb burger. Desserts were also fantastic. Really good menu and a nice atmosphere. You should not miss this place!