“No Thighs ”

Chicago's Home of Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #499 of 1,983 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Description: Tonya founded the original Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles in the heart of the Windy City in 2008. After seeing lots of success, Tonya opened a second location in Oak Park in 2010, and has now expanded to other states. She aims to make her Cleveland location a place where everyone can enjoy a delicious Southern-style dish and feel like family.
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

How does a chicken restaurant not have chicken?

After planning our lunch visit for over a month & knowing exactly what I was going to order, I was very disappointed to be told that they were out of thighs (I like dark meat).

Our server was very friendly, we were seated right away and our food was served in less than 10 minutes.

I received 3 drumsticks to supplement the missing thigh. My side choices were: Mac & Cheese (good taste but had dried out noodles in part of it), yams (a little too sweet for my taste) & potato salad (homemade & good - I just don’t care for the green peppers). They really shouldn’t have served the cornbread which was extremely dry - it was obviously over baked. It would have been good if fresh. My friend who got the chicken (white) & waffle enjoyed the flavor of both. I actually felt my chicken was OK.

I thought the price was very good ($14.25) since you received 3 sides with your meal.

A little detail to the small things - the salt & pepper shakers on our table were so sticky I had to use my napkin wrapper to pick them up.

With their expansive menu, I would go again to sample something else.

This picture is of my leftovers (the brown dried out bottom of my cornbread, I left behind).

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Wow....What a nice restaurant to hang out with family and friends. Family oriented environment. Good tasty and full of flavor soul food. Live entertainment on the weekend. Outstanding service.

1  Thank 465lauraannw
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I was kind of put off by the $5.00 just to park and eat but it was well worth it. Some of the best catfish I have ever eaten. The sweet potato pie was so flavorful and looked like my grandma made it. We ordered take out and had our pie at the table but wished we could have stayed there to eat because the atmosphere was nice and mellow with smooth music playing.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

This was an awesome restaurant and the food was amazing. The staff could have a bit more nicer. But it was super busy. So maybe it could have felt rushed.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Gateway District for Cavs game on Fri night, got up Sat morning and decided to give this place a try for brunch. Walk straight down Prospect St, easy to find. Parking looks tough to find. Service was very friendly, we had omelettes and waffles, chicken. Pricey, food was ok, Dennys was better. I would like to come back to this place at night, they have live music, looks like fun