Comfort Inn Downtown
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
All reviewsjohn loascleveland clinicdriver johnfree trolleythe theater districtwolstein centershuttle driveryogurtfree breakfastspecial ratefront desk stafffree shuttle serviceper nightan older hotelthe hotel offersprogressive fieldthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Everyone we spoke to during our stay was quite nice and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were there over St Patrick's day and the hotel kept pretty good security. Not only did you have to scan your room card to get into the building, but you also had to show them your wristband that was given at check in. The location was great for what we were in town for, but it is a little over a mile walk to the lake. There are a few places to eat nearby, the pizza place in the same building has some good deals and their pizza is pretty good. If you need a convenience store there was only one we found in the area, about a half a block east of the hotel. There is a guy that hangs out there that seems to have made himself the hype man. He seems harmless, but be prepared to have him ask you many questions like "What do you know about that?" regarding just about anything and have him follow you through the store. There is a paid parking lot behind the hotel and the rates were not bad and included in the hotel bill. The only issue I had was getting the price of my stay to match what I was told by phone. I found this out at initial check in and was told to talk to the manager the next day. He was understanding about this and asked a number of questions, but never gave me an attitude or argued with me. This would be the hotel I stay at if I ever go back to Cleveland.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SMO23
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

I want to tell you I know who your speaking of at the store next door and he is quite a character. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us ad we look forward to having you back again in the near future. St. Patty's day is always a busy time and we want everyone to feel safe. Some folks don't like the wristbands but it avoids guest from renting a room to have a wild party with 20 friends and that is why we use them. I thank you for understanding. Please come visit us again. the Indiams are doing great and there is nothing like a day at the ballpark.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Comfort Inn downtown couldn't have been better. Free shuttle to & from Cleveland Clinic, full breakfast, clean rooms and helpful staff. Especially enjoyed our van drivers!! When you are under extreme stress with someone in ICU, it helps not to have to worry about getting to and from the Clinic. Also very helpful to have washer and dryer on our floor at very reasonable prices when you come during an emergency with only a couple of outfits and stay 10 days. Why pay over $225.00 per night when this Comfort Inn has more than you need for $72.00 per night. The $225.00 hotel charged $16.00 for breakfast and Comfort Inn is free. We three sisters took turns staying overnight at the Clinic on their loveseats so 2 out of 3 nights, at least we got a good nights sleep. Thanks again to the staff and Drivers!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryLouBougher

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are happy that we could be here to assist you and your sisters through this difficult time. We hope that your family is doing well and that everything has gone well for your family member visiting the clinic.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

The hotel front desk people are very helpful and courteous. Rooms are clean and really a wonderful place to live. The location is wonderful and have 3 restaurants (pizza, subway and Mexican food) on site. Walking distance from a mall and provides free shuttle service to and from the Cleveland Clinic which is really helpful. The full breakfast was yummy.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RoshniPatel
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Miss Patel,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay here at the Comfort Inn. We are happy that you were able to enjoy it. If you ever make your way back through Cleveland please stop and see us again.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Maybe it's because I'm 40ish, but I love the nostalgic elevators. During my last trip for my Cleveland Clinic appointments, one elevator had been freshly varnish. We have always had excellent service, and the staff wonderful. We have always been met with a smile, and always within 15 minutes of getting to our room we receive a phone call from the desk making sure everything is okay.

Last time we stayed, the breakfast area had been moved into an adjoining room giving more seating space. They had added to the breakfast food list, we always fixed our plates and took them back to our room because we had a children with us and we respected the Hotel Guests. Our 9 year old would have been fine to sit with us and dine, but our active 3 year old and baby girl would have had a hard time sitting still. We thank everyone on staff for understanding that we had multiple children and for trusting that we only took enough breakfast for one plate each.

The rooms are always clean, in the past there had been complaints about a hall odor, we can confirm that it is not the hotel, it truly is the bread from Subway. We thought it smelled delicious, but understand that everyone has their own taste in smells. Although we were not in a room in the area of baking, we did walk through the hallway to smell it. My husband said it made him hungry, lol... he loves the smell of fresh baking bread.

I have health issues that has the potential to take my life, and I will be at Cleveland Clinic the rest of my life. I hope Comfort Inn stays the same, it's nice to be able to have room and lodging plus transportation. It's stressful enough to deal with ongoing medical issues, and having a wonderful hotel who helps make the trip with our family easier is #1 in our books.

Someone in the past also had complained about the ice machine being out... we found during our stays that it's just mostly being out due to use. Depending on occupants we only went one floor down one time. When we do our laundry, we only do one load at a time at different times so to not tie up the laundry machines.

We feel nothing but good about Comfort Inn Downtown... there are many upscale hotels in the area that offer alot, but in our current economy if you want a hotel where your warmly welcomed, and excellent prices, Comfort Inn fits the bill.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in about 4 weeks.

Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy B
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you so very much for all your kind words and I would like to wish you and your family a Happy New Year. We here at the Comfort Inn know first hand how hard it can be to have to go through situations such as yours. Some of us here have had family members that have gone through long stays in the hospitals and it helps to know there is somewhere you can go that can give you a sense of security when you are away from home and that is what we try to provide here at The Comfort Inn. If there is ever anything you need while staying with us please feel free to let us know. Although your not coming back for matters of enjoyment I look forward to seeing you again. God Bless you and your family.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at Comfort Inn while my older sister had heart surgery. It was close and we stayed there two weeks before and they were very nice. But the second time when we checked out I for got my sister purse and called them when I was home to tell them.Said all she could do was put me through to the manager voice mail and he would call me back. Well he never did and I was going back to see my sister the next day and stopped by to see if they found the purse.They said no purse was there and I did not have a room there.Well the cleck gave the wrong room number after a few minutes the manager go and check but I know there is no purse there. Well there it was in the drawer.Now all the other places I have stayed they would check but they did not . Don't think I will stay at other Comfort Inn. I will stay with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

I remember the situation and I had left for the day when you called and had not received your voice msg by the time you had shown up the next morning. You are correct the clerk did give the wrong room # for your stay and when the room was ck'd we found nothing. It wasn't until you came in the next morning that we had received the correct room # and I remember you going up and finding the purse. I also remember how relieved you were. I want you to know it was not for a lack of effort but a matter of mis-communication that caused this issue. We here at the Comfort Inn pride ourselves on making sure all our guests enjoy their stay with us and care very deeply about the way our guests feel after leaving. I want you to know I take your comments very seriously and have addressed this issue with my staff so that we may better ourselves and help prevent this same mistake from happening again.

I again want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your sister and hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust.