“This place is a dump”

Americas Best Value Inn Celina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Celina
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I spent 4 nights here. I was supposed to have a Non smoking room but this room smelled strongly of smoke from the moment that I walked in. The receptionist told me that the hotel was full and no other rooms were available, and I had already had my credit card charged, so I was stuck. The hotel looks neglected...there is rust on the bannister going up to the second floor...oh, did I mention, no elevator?...and the bannister wobbles. This is a safety concern. The only ice machine is in the lobby/check in area, which is locked at night. A 5:30 AM departure meant I had to wake the night staff up to get into the ice machine. On the plus side, the WiFi worked well and the staff was friendly and helpful. There is a coin operated washer and dryer for guest use.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
BviCelina, Front Desk Staff at Americas Best Value Inn Celina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We do apologize that the room smelled of smoke, sometimes when there is a smoker in a room near by the smell can linger and there isn't much we can do about that. We do have a policy in place if someone smokes in a non smoking room. Thank you for bringing the bannisters to our attention, this is something we are currently working on to replace. I hope that you will stay with us again and give us a chance to improve your stay.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Celina

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This is a fine and inexpensive little motel for one nights stay with our small dog. Pretty view across the street of a lake. Definitely not the ritz, but totally acceptable. Breakfast was not impressive- juice waffles a bit of fruit.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
BviCelina, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Celina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Travel_kat2:

Thank you for taking time to leave us a comment about your experience. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations with our breakfast items. We are implementing hot foods to our breakfast. Hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

This room was very nice. Very clean. Most rooms have been upgraded. They are working on upgrading all rooms. A nice continental breakfast in the lobby. We paid $52 per night. Very reasonable. The staff was very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise G
BviCelina, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Celina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are working hard to complete all the updates. Look forward to you stopping by again.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Property was clean, price was very reasonable. The staff was very accomodating. I had to extend due to car trouble, they helped me get my car from the shop, and extended my discount rate to cover my extra night. Desk staff and housekeeping was very helpful; great breakfast, just a very pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Lakeside view is excellent, first floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonnywrench

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We where happy to help with your car trouble, and are glad that you made it home safely. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Let me honest, when i first made this reservation i was a little not sure about my choice.
BUT I check the reviews and I as very happy with what I read, so I hoped it was true.
WELL, LET ME TELL YOU, IT WAS TRUE.
Amanda who checked me in was extremely friendly and answered all my questions.. The next morning Kathy, the general manager, was just a pleasant and helped me book my second night. It was that easy.
My room was very clean, the breakfast was a excellent and this Americas Best Value in Celina, OH, i would recommend to anyone on business or needs a place for the night.

Room Tip: Lake view on highway side, but quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank karenkV1752DQ
BviCelina, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Celina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celina
1.6 km away
32.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
38.7 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Delphos

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Celina? Share your experiences!