“Beautiful Location, Welcoming, Well equipped and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Wonderful views, Chianti and Prada on your doorstep
Sun-loungers, shaded sitting area and dining table below the chestnut tree. Your huge terrace! The sitting room has everything you could need. TV, DVDs, books, guides, music ... everything
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Wonderful views, Chianti and Prada on your doorstep
The indoor dining room - it's there if you need it but you'll spend all your time on the terrace
The kitchen is superbly equipped. For instance coffee lovers will find Gaggia, moka & French press!
This is the 'cantinetta' of organic local wines for sale at 4-5 euro a bottle
This is the welcome pack for every guest. It's a full fridge!!
The bedroom is air conditioned
The bathroom has a large bath tub and a shower
The view from the terrace as the sun sets
A glass or two of wine as the sun goes down
The village shop at Moncioni
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mcarpanin...
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Location, Welcoming, Well equipped and Excellent Food and Wine”
Reviewed 2 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Podere La Rota.

The directions were easy to follow (head for the hilltop village of Moncioni and from there it's very simple).

Once we arrived, we were met by the owners who provided a welcome pack which filled the fridge sufficiently so that we didn't need to go shopping for a day or two (and good local wine was also available for a very reasonable price).

Both Bob and Ally were wonderful hosts, contributing greatly to a lovely holiday. They set you up on day one and then leave you to your own devices.

The property was well equipped with everything we needed and more. View from the terrace was beautiful.

The location is perfect for a trip to rural Tuscany. Plenty of walks through local woodland, olive trees and vineyards. The landscape is stunning and teems with wildlife (deer, boar, butterflies and so much more).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The heat (heatwave when we arrived- but there was air conditioning)
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
FoodyJave...
Javea
“Very, very good”
Reviewed 11 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I spent a wonderful two weeks at Podere la Rota in May/June 2015. The welcome, unfortunately in the rain, was warm and a very pleasant experience. Both Bob and Alli went out of their way to help with a couple of small queries we had during the fortnight.
The house itself is a very well thought out conversion but as it is/was a farm buildings slight compromises have to be accepted in that the windows are small and can make things a bit dark. By no means does that spoil the experience. As the weather was warm for most of the time salads were very much the order of the day but for anyone who might wish to cook the kitchen was very well equipped all the way from pots and pans to a drawer full of "get you going" foodstuffs. The locally made Chianti Classico that Bob puts in the house was very good although, as we are from Spain, we did tend to stick to white wine. That however is a personal choice, other people will truly love the Chianti and swallow it by the Ship's decanter full (also provided).

In summary a really good holiday in a very lovely house with absolutely charming hosts in the shape of Bob and Alli. Thank you both very much.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 8 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I had a lovely stay at Podere la Rota. The cottage was excellent, and in my view certainly much better value for money than what one would typically get in the UK. It is private, fully kitted and large, considering it caters for two. If a quiet Tuscan holiday, away from the tourist masses, is what you are after, this is it! The cottage is on a small olive farm high up in the Tuscan hills, in the wine producing region of Chianti. Still, it is easy to make daytrips to Siena, Florence, and the Tuscan hilltop towns. The hosts are great and very friendly and know the area very well, including some good restaurants in the vicinity. The welcome hamper in the fridge on arrival is delicious, and certainly gets one off to a good start!

I would definitely highly recommend Podere la Rota to anyone.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Paul C
Phoenix, Arizona
“What a wonderful place!!”
Reviewed 15 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

Let me start off by saying that Podere la Rota is a magnificent place to stay. Inside it is beautifully decorated and has every amenity one could ask for.

The living room is great with a nice wood-burning heater to keep you warm. You can have all the wood you like. It has a lovely dining room that seats four (although the house sleeps two). The kitchen is terrific: clean with everything you need to cook your own meals. It does have central heating and air conditioning, but we managed with the wood heater.

The bathroom and bedroom are upstairs. Both are beautifully equipped and very clean.

The location is absolutely amazing. High on a ridge that overlooks a valley, olive orchards directly below the villa, and other side of the valley was forested with lots of trees that were turning beautiful fall colors. Just amazing views. Very quiet and dark at night, which we loved.

It's a great base for touring Tuscany. A few miles away from the A1 Autostrada, it provides easy access to the A1 for longer drives, but also has many country roads that provide shortcuts to towns like Siena or Montalcino. It's just a few miles away from one of the best high-end shopping outlet malls called The Mall. (Directions in the House Book.

Bob and Ally (Bob's wife) manage Podere la Rota along with others, but live onsite along with Livia, their very sweet dog.

Bob greeted us when we arrived and took us on a short tour of the villa and giving us a brief overview of how to work the stove, espresso machine, dishwasher, etc. We received their wonderful intro gift which was two heaping plates of terrific antipasto. It tasted wonderful and we snacked on it all week.

Bob also has some good Chianti with the Podere la Rota label for sale in the kitchen for 5 Euro per bottle (a very convenient deal!).

We met Ally later and she is a very sweet, kind woman who brought us a plate of pastries that were out of this world.

Now you may be asking yourself, if we loved this place s much as I've said, why not 5 stars?

Now we need to talk about Bob.

After the first night, I went to see Bob to explain that there had been no hot water for my shower. He stated "That's odd, no one has mentioned that before." He went on to ask if I was using the shower correctly and suggested that perhaps I hadn't let it run long enough or had the shower on "too high". I've had a good many showers in my 60 years and felt insulted.

He agreed to check it with me (we used the secret passageway from his house that came out directly opposite of the bathroom upstairs). After letting it run for several minutes, it seemed a little warmer, so I agreed to try again the next morning.

Same results! I went to see Bob again and he was again very puzzled.

About 20 minutes after our second talk, he knocked on the door and started explaining that the water heater had been replaced about a month ago due to damage from a electrical storm. He went on to say that he had checked it and found that the installer had placed the temperature setting on the lowest possible setting and that we was confused why the couple who had stayed there the previous week didn't say anything.

For me, I was very frustrated that it took him two days (and me two cold showers) to check the setting on the water heater. Since it was very easy to do, I feel he should have checked it after I first told him.

It goes on... We started using the nice Espresso machine our first morning and it worked great. The second morning, it started leaking water from underneath all over the counter. That evening, I talked to Bob and Ally about it. Bob questioned me about if I was using it right and did I have the water tank correctly seated. I explained that I had used it exactly how he instructed me and had made sure the water tank was seated correctly each time I used it. They kindly provided a second machine they had as they had just purchased a new one for themselves.

I started using the second machine exactly how he had instructed the next morning. I let it warm up and about 15 seconds after I pushed the button to brew the espresso, it tripped the master electrical breaker and all the lights in the place went out.

When I took it to Bob to explain, he immediately tried it and tripped his own breaker!! At least Ally had the presence of mind to have a flashlight handy! : )

This was getting funny now.

Bob explained we were down to the old style Moka coffee maker. Bob showed me how to use it and, thank goodness, the rest of the week we had good coffee and no other issues.

Bob later asked me to explain step by step what I did when the second machine tripped the breaker, so he could explain it to the place he bought it from as it was still under warranty.

Bob is a nice man, but I was made to feel an idiot through these incidents and Bob didn't seem to care about me taking cold showers... stiff upper lip, old boy, eh what?

Overall, we had an absolutely wonderful stay, but know you know why the four stars.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful view from the front porch!!
Liked least: Bob's cool, stiff-upper-lip-eh-what, non-customer service British attitude
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
JaneKC27
Durham, United Kingdom
“Everything you could want from a holiday rental in Tuscany”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in holiday rentals in Italy many times and over many years - this is our favourite! Perfectly positioned for access to all the major places of beauty and interest, perfectly positioned for lovely views from your terrace, every home amenity you could want whilst maintaining Tuscan character, wonderful hosts and a dog you will fall in love with (Livia).

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing