1,161 results
All reviews amish country movie theater koi pond standard suite steam room warm oatmeal signature suite kids village fire pit grounds are beautiful feed the fish hot tub putting green walk in shower holmes county great place to stay beautiful room
Reviewed 4 July 2016

My wife and I wanted a quiet getaway after our daughter's wedding. This was the opposite of what we were looking for because the resort is located right next to a busy road -- Route 62/39, and we did not know it when we made the two-night reservation. From the minute we arrived, we heard semi-trucks, tanker trucks, cement trucks, motorcycles, cars -- nearly non-stop. We were in Room 404 which is at the corner of a separate building of upgraded suites. We heard the noise when our balcony door was open and could not even talk to each other when we were sitting on the balcony. We also heard the trucks when we were inside with the door closed. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to the sound of a semi-truck, so we decided to check out early. The hotel refunded the pre-paid night's stay.

Here are some other comments (good and bad). The room was very nice. Big, clean and nicely decorated. The shower was huge and the blinds were mechanical which was a nice touch -- although it was still light in the morning. The hotel looks over a small valley that is well-acquainted with a pond, a walkway and some kids buildings. The problem is that you also overlook the neighboring houses' back yards on the other side of the valley - not very picturesque. The staff was friendly. There is no room service, and if you come on a Sunday, no restaurants are open except Burger King (and one 15 miles away). Its possible that the rooms at the other end of the resort are not as noisy as the 400-numbered rooms, but I kind of doubt it, and they also are not as nice. If you want a quiet get-away -- this place is not it.

Room tip: Stay away from the rooms near the road
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHSinnkeeper, Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the Signature Suites! The location of the resort is a blessing and a curse as it is located so close to the Berlin shopping district, which makes it easy to find, yet it does increase the noise as it is a popular place to pass through. We want our guests to have a relaxing and pleasant stay. We do offer ear plugs upon request and comparable suites in the main hotel which would be farther from the main road providing a quieter stay. Our staff is always encouraged by positive feedback regarding our customer service; I will be sure to relay the message. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I had a two-night stay at the resort and my overall opinion: it was okay. We did enjoy ourselves and we took advantage of everything that was available on the resort, but there were a few things that I could not overlook. I was hooked by the video on their web page, as I'm sure others were too. The resort is in the middle of Amish country, but what the video doesn't show you is that it's located on a very busy corner. Our room, which was in the Signature Suite building, was in an odd location. The noise from the trucks that constantly drove by was unbearable at times, which caused me not get much sleep at night. I asked if we could be moved to a room on the other side of the building but no rooms were available. I was offered earplugs to wear, which they keep in the nightstand for guests!! When I told them there weren't any, they offered to give me a pair but they didn't have anymore. Another thing the video doesn't let you in on is that the air around the resort is always filled with the smell of horse manure. I'm sure that probably won't bother some but I didn't care for it!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dowill

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve for the future. We are glad you were able to enjoy our amenities. Unfortunately, the location of the hotel is helpful and hindering in the same aspect. On one hand it is easy to find and conveniently located next to the Berlin shopping district. However, the location is very popular which brings a lot of noisy traffic, and unfortunately cannot be controlled. It was odd that there were no ear plugs available for you, I will pass the message along so that the supply can be increased in the future. There are also comparable suites located in the main building which sits a little farther away from the road, this may be a better option for you in the future. As for the manure, it is essential for Farmers which surround Berlin. It is a scent that many either love or hate, I'm sorry it was bothersome for you. Again, thank you for telling us about your experience, we look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I took the family to the Berlin Resort Hotel in Amish country on June 10 for a overnight visit and to enjoy some shopping and dinner at one of there restaurants.

We had a wonderful visit. My grandson enjoyed his play time on the equipment and the little barns for the kids.We all enjoyed the fish pond and the peaceful setting of the gazebo. My grandson also got to use the pool twice and had a ball (he didn't want to get out).
Breakfast was nice and hot. We must not forget hotel staff pleasant helpful and friendly. Thank You.
We found the beds and pillows to be very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate the feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We have introduced many new amenities in the past 2 years to create an environment well suited for the entire family. It is nice to know that you found the resort to be relaxing and the staff to be kind and helpful. Praise is always encouraging and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the other employees. We hope you remember us next time you visit Amish Country!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Stayed with my three teens in a standard suite room. Very spacious and comfortable beds and couch. Bathroom was immaculate and huge. Carpet had some recent spots that needed cleaning but all else was in perfect shape. Pool was busy, but the lovely grounds were underutilized. Weight room was nice. Movie theater was a nice touch. Breakfast was ordinary but for the added touch of Amish-made cinnamon rolls. Perfect place to stay with families of all ages.

Room tip: Splurge for the suites if traveling with a family.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BHSinnkeeper, Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate the feedback as we use it to better serve you in the future. I am glad that you enjoyed your Suite, the bathrooms are my favorite part as well! It is nice to hear that you had fun in taking advantage of our amenities; they were designed to promote family fun so it is encouraging to see that they are fulfilling their purpose. I am sorry that the carpet was spotty, we try our hardest to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, so I will pass the message along to our housekeeping staff. Again, thank you for your review and we will do our best to better serve you in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

My wife and I loved our stay here. Our suite was huge and gorgeous. Property was also very beautiful. Service with a smile and breakfast was very good also. Looking forward to staying here again. Location was right between several attractions.

Room tip: Suites are gorgeous
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1962cruiser
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback. We are very glad you got a chance to enjoy the property, we take great pride in keeping everything well maintained. We hope to have you again as our guest in the future!