“Best Pastrami West of Brooklyn”
Review of Corky & Lenny's

Corky & Lenny's
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Beachwood
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 19 May 2016

When traveling north from home we always try to stop here. It is an authentic Jewish deli.
My wife had chopped liver and I, stuck in a rut, have to get the pastrami on rye. Both were delicious and reminiscent of NYC, even better than our last stop in Brooklyn.
The portions are generous and fresh.

There are newer reviews for Corky & Lenny's

Reviewed 19 May 2016

We went on a busy Saturday morning, and the servers appeared hurried and frazzled. Food was essentially thrown onto the table. Yes, yes, I know this is a diner, but to be fair I've been to good delis in other cities where I don't feel like I need to gulp down my meal to let another customer come in. The food was plentiful and pretty tasty, but not enough wow for me to up the rating to Very Good. Ask for the pickles. They are free, but they don't bring them unless you ask.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

On a road trip to Columbus OH, we stopped here for a quick lunch. Partner and I split a king size tuna sandwich and order of fries. Sandwich portions are generous, easy for sharing. Fries were excellent, and our server, Tonia, was outstanding. We are not particularly light eaters, but I would've needed a nap if we hadn't shared the sandwich... not a good thing for driving the rest of the distance. Also, that left room for a couple of large delicious cookies from the bakery case.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I've been going to this deli for 50 years. I love it and sometimes it pisses me off, but I keep on coming back for more. When the corn beef is lean and hot its one of the best corn beef sandwiched you will ever eat in your life. I'm talking juicy and delicious. I like it lean so I order it "first cut", which is the smaller lean part of the meat. Also they make their own bread. The only way to eat it is with rye bread! Also its my favorite matza ball soup at a restaurant - no bullion here, 100% real soup. Otherwise, they have really hearty gravy if you like a open faced "off the bone" turkey. Off the bone means they make it in house and its not packaged. Also try to lox, bagel and cream cheese. The servers are for the most part hard working and nice. They work hard there and take a lot of crap from some of the management so be nice! As deli's are closing all over the country this institution keeps on going and is not to be missed. I have relative who have moved out of town and cant get a good deli sandwich - this is one of the first places they go to get their deli-fix. My only complain is that soup, sandwich and fries cost almost $18 which is a little steep for lunch.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Ordered an egg dish and the oil was so rancid I had to send it back. Prices seem high for what you get. Probably best to stick with lox and bagels.