“A great Sunday dinner!”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Beachwood
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017

My children and I enjoyed a wonderful meal of coconut shrimp, salmon and a seafood pasta. All the food was delicious. Our waitress, Mary, was friendly, helpful and fun. A great Sunday dinner after a long day of travel.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I can't believe it--fifteen years in the area and we didn't visit Bahama Breeze until July of 2017.Big mistake.Great atmosphere,generous portions and reasonable prices--the only
bad thing was having to wait more than half hour to get our soups.But the wait was worth it:fantastic black bean soup and Bahamian seafood chowder.Then I had a fabulous seafood salad with big chunks of mahi-mahi and my wife had a hamburger that was very luscious and filling.We will be back--and much,much sooner than fifteen years.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was here with a group of 12 and was pleasantly surprised. The service was attentive , friendly and efficient. The appetisers - empanadas (very good), coconut shrimp, (average), wings (OK) and chips and salsa were all fresh and tasty. The salads were very large, including the Caesar two of the group ordered as side salads. We had entree salads, crab cakes, quesadillas, and pasta at my end of the table. Only the pasta looked disappointing. We had a private room, with blaring music. They said it could not be turned down, which was annoying. They brought re-fills of the wine by the glass when none had been ordered. I might try it again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Dinner here on our second night in Beachwood did not disappoint. My picky teen son and I came with one of his friends and his mom. The boys started with yummy frozen lemonades on a very busy Saturday night. Service was a tad slow and we had to ask for silverware after our meals came, but the place was lively and there was live reggae music to keep us entertained. My child truly enjoyed a smaller portion of the jerk chicken pasta and I had the tilapia oscar that had a lovely citrus butter sauce. The cinnamon sweet potato mash was amazing and the asparagus was cooked perfectly. Our other diners enjoyed a jerk chicken sandwich with spicy pepper jack and a side of their mac and cheese, as well as coconut shrimp tacos.

Since we raved about it, we took family members back the next day for lunch. I devoured the shrimp and lobsters quesadilla, my son had a huge burger, and our other diners enjoyed a shrimp and lobster pasta, and a cuban sandwich and chicken tortilla soup.

Since we're staying 10 days this trip, we may well return. It's just a few doors down from our hotel!

Shari R, Guest Relations Manager at Bahama Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi Diana C - It is wonderful to see how much you and your son enjoyed your meals - so much that you returned to do it all over again! Thank you for being our guests on our little island oasis. We hope to see you return when you're in town again.

Cheers,
Shari R.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Our celebration dinner was disappointing. The two 'fancy' drinks had no alcohol. The waitress suggested one customer order something different. A manager had to intervene so the other customer could replace her drink with something different. We asked if there were enough empanadas in the appetizer dish to feed the six of us and we were assured there were - there were only four and we thought our meals would be coming shortly so we split them up rather than order another appetizer. The waitress did not bring plates or silverware for our convenience in eating the appetizers or the upcoming meal; after asking three employees we did receive utensils and small plates. The meals were tasty and warm but not delivered at the same time. The checks included the cost of the second drinks which we thought the manager had waived.All in all it was interesting and I recommend folks steer away from this restaurant.

1  Thank Patricia J B