“We liked it so much we went back for lunch!”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Beachwood
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Dinner here on our second night in Beachwood did not disappoint. My picky teen son and I came with one of his friends and his mom. The boys started with yummy frozen lemonades on a very busy Saturday night. Service was a tad slow and we had to ask for silverware after our meals came, but the place was lively and there was live reggae music to keep us entertained. My child truly enjoyed a smaller portion of the jerk chicken pasta and I had the tilapia oscar that had a lovely citrus butter sauce. The cinnamon sweet potato mash was amazing and the asparagus was cooked perfectly. Our other diners enjoyed a jerk chicken sandwich with spicy pepper jack and a side of their mac and cheese, as well as coconut shrimp tacos.

Since we raved about it, we took family members back the next day for lunch. I devoured the shrimp and lobsters quesadilla, my son had a huge burger, and our other diners enjoyed a shrimp and lobster pasta, and a cuban sandwich and chicken tortilla soup.

Since we're staying 10 days this trip, we may well return. It's just a few doors down from our hotel!

Shari R, Guest Relations Manager at Bahama Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi Diana C - It is wonderful to see how much you and your son enjoyed your meals - so much that you returned to do it all over again! Thank you for being our guests on our little island oasis. We hope to see you return when you're in town again.

Cheers,
Shari R.

There are newer reviews for Bahama Breeze

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Our celebration dinner was disappointing. The two 'fancy' drinks had no alcohol. The waitress suggested one customer order something different. A manager had to intervene so the other customer could replace her drink with something different. We asked if there were enough empanadas in the appetizer dish to feed the six of us and we were assured there were - there were only four and we thought our meals would be coming shortly so we split them up rather than order another appetizer. The waitress did not bring plates or silverware for our convenience in eating the appetizers or the upcoming meal; after asking three employees we did receive utensils and small plates. The meals were tasty and warm but not delivered at the same time. The checks included the cost of the second drinks which we thought the manager had waived.All in all it was interesting and I recommend folks steer away from this restaurant.

1  Thank Patricia J B
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Chain restaurants can be hit or miss, and take out even more so but my meal from this location was excellent. Even take out!

1  Thank omgitshp
Reviewed 27 June 2017

At the start of our 1-week visit to my mother-in-law, the five of us headed to Bahama Breeze for dinner. A large & lively place and a high-end chain. The menu spans Jamaican, Caribbean, Mexican and other cuisines. I got the fish tacos and tortilla soup; brother-in-law got the rack of ribs; mother-in-law got the chowder and empanadas. All were excellent, as were the white sangria and other drinks. Our waitress was a fashion plate and exceptionally well-organized. The kitchen, too: a table of 20 near us all got served at the same time, and they did it without appearing to pull a hamstring.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I had a grilled chicken breast sandwich and it was edible, but it was clearly a frozen chicken breast they threw on a grill. The consistency was strange. Actually, my husband had the same thing and his was mushy so we sent it back and he got another one which was edible. Plus, the restaurant was noisy. Would not go back.