“What a surprise!”
Review of Murray River Queen

Murray River Queen
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Renmark
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Murray River Queen is an experiential floating Hotel. With 2 restaurants - Modern Asian and Charcoal Grill. It also has overnight high standard cabins and suites and a regional cellar door.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A local recommended we try the restaurant on the River Queen and I have to say our group of 8 was very impressed. The food was amazing, service fabulous, and they had a very busy night with a group of 30 plus in. If in Renmark definitely book in.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is a tricky review to write. We had 27 in our group. One person said it was the best meal they’d ever had. But the rest had varied reviews. On one table ( out of two ) the person got her main course but had to wait an hour for the rice to arrive after repeated requests. In the end they microwaved her main course as it was completely cold when the rice arrived.
A bit weird I thought as normally most places would cook you a new meal. Some one else didn’t get their rice either. It arrived just before we left so they took it home
They told us they were out of spring rolls which is a bit weird. Also they were out of their signature dish the beef ribs
So I’m a bit unsure what to say except don’t go with a big group as there are bound to be mix ups.
I did speak to the owner who gave the girl a free meal (after me pushing for it as alls he wanted to do was give her a free drink) but he never addressed the myriad of other issues.
So by all means go to this place it’s great but DONT go as a large group as it will end in tears

2  Thank Whippetty
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The Queen is a former paddlesteamer converted to a hotel. The cabins are well appointed however the bathroom facilities are tiny and not very private- a consequence of space on a boat. The Thai restaurant on board was a revelation with a creative menu you would expect to see in a much larger city. It was a highlight.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Love the Thai meals on the Murray River Queen at Renmark. Fantastic food, service, atmosphere and river views.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I can only rate this as 5 Star. Simply amazing.
We stopped for a quick afternoon tea. Coffee was amazing and the local beer was quite nice.
We ordered scones and unfortunately they came out stone cold and smothered in terrible marmalade. I am clearly not a fan of marmalade and when thinking of scones, jam and cream I simply think berry flavour. I think marmalade is a taste to only some. They were quite small portions.
But again despite our scone issue that gave us quite the giggle we loved our trip to the boat.

Would love to try the dinner menu next trip.

1  Thank Cr1ssy