“A must for any Pt Lincoln visitor”

Triple Bay Charters
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Port Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Triple Bay Charters offer Sealion & Aquaculture Bay Cruises, Learn about our Tuna & Fishing Industry. taste Blue Fin Sashimi Tuna, Visit Seal Colony, View beautiful scenery. Fishing trips for the novice or experienced also available, also great for families wanting to take the kids fishing for the first time.
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Wish we had done this trip on our first day in Pt Lincoln, not our last, Peter is full of information on the town, its history, its industry, the best places to visit, go fishing and has a fantastic sense of humour, kept us laughing the whole time. I would reccommend this trip to everyone!

Di D, Public Relations Manager at Triple Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Thanks Cath for your review and very glad that you enjoyed the trip. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Kind Regards, Pete & Di

"enjoyable morning"
in 3 reviews
"fantastic tour"
in 6 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"highlight of our trip"
"fur seals"
in 5 reviews
"national park"
in 3 reviews
"peter"
in 129 reviews

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

We set out on a 3 hour tour, there was a captain, a millionaire, a movie star, a plumber and dairy hand......., well maybe not, but the Triple Bay Charter was fun, informative and we return safely without being stranded on a deserted isle.

Di D, Public Relations Manager at Triple Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Hi Graeme, thanks for your review we appreciate you taking the time.
Kind Regards, the Skipper & Marianne (Pete & Di)

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Turned up on time but downhill from there. Every excuse under the sun why there weren't any fish and managed to be racist about every group you can think of.
Too many people on a small boat. Cheap and poorly maintained equipment. Old bait.

Di D, Owner at Triple Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

I may not be the most politically correct person but I don't consider myself racist. I realise some people are more sensitive and will take that on board- thank you.
I was also disappointed with the lack of fish, it happens sometimes even when the effort is put in. Expectations vary with different people.
My equipment on board is not the most expensive but is good quality Shimano rods and reels and not cheap are replaced regularly.
Giving expensive equipment to people with varying degree of skill ends in disappointment, I have been down that track as have been doing this for 20 years.
People are welcome to bring their expensive gear on board if they wish.
We target Whiting, Squid and Table fish which does not require overly expensive gear but does require good quality fresh bait which is supplied on every charter.
I have also fished on charters around Australia and around the world with varying degrees of success and quality of equipment on large and small boats, cramped and spacious. Fishing next to another person requires a certain skill set some people do it well and others don't. Thanks for your feedback. Regards, Peter Dennis

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were lucky enough to have been a passenger on this trip. Peter was absolutely hilarious and an excellent captain. We saw heaps of wildlife especially seals, the seabirds were fascinating! So much information about the local aquaculture was given, all with a side of Peter's unique one-liners lol....the sashimi was delicious, I was initially quite hesitant to try it, but I'm sure glad I did! We highly recommend this trip!

Thanks Karin & Murray for your review. Glad you enjoyed the trip and Pete's unique sense of humour :) Merry Christmas to you and all the best for 2018.
Kind Regards, Pete & Di