“Cheeky Sharks who like the White Stripes!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Half-Day Sea Lion Snorkeling Tour from Port Lincoln
Ranked #3 of 11 Tours in Port Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Bay Charters is a multi award winning tourism business that offers some of South Australia’s best water based wildlife encounters. Featuring the Australian Sea lions, the Great White Shark, and the world’s first shark “Aqua Sub”, a glass underwater viewing area where you can view sharks while staying completely dry. All encounters are MUST DO experiences when visiting Australia and the Eyre Peninsula. Adventure Bay Charters is the fastest growing and most awarded tourism operator in Port Lincoln and was awarded into the Hall of Fame for Best Adventure tour in 2012 and Major tourist attraction in 2014. Hall of fame recognizes three consecutive years in each category for being the best operator in each category and is an outstanding contribution to South Australian tourism. Adventure Bay Charters was also named Best Tourist Attraction in South Australia for 2015. A family owned and operated business with strong ties and close relationships with customers and the community; Adventure Bay Charters is at the forefront of great tourism experiences in Australia. What are you waiting for? Let the Adventure Bay Crew take you on the ride of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
“Cheeky Sharks who like the White Stripes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

When we rocked up at the pick up point there were about 40 people waiting for the boat ... My first thought was how the hell are we all going to get in the cage and see a shark in the space of a couple of hours!! However most of the people except for 8 of us got on the other charter company boat. When we got on the boat Jeremy and Fred sat us down and offered us sea sickness solutions. The weather had been rubbish all week. I had read some reviews and they all mentioned that you would get sea sick. I never did however my Dad and another 3 people did on the boat. If you get sea sick I would not recommend the trip as it is a long ride out to the sharks. Jeremy took amazing care of us! We had toasted sandwiches and tea and coffee on our way out there. When we got there we were suited up in the wetsuits (which were really good). We had soooo much time in the cage. We could go in and out as we pleased. Amazing. Also the way that the music attracts the sharks they sneak up on you out of no where. I would have hated for a piece of meat to be thrown out in front of me and the sharks dragged towards me as they do on the other charters. This method is much scarier as they come out of no where and circle the cage! You have to be patient but they come. We saw 3 sharks in total all about 4.5 meters! On the journey back we stopped for lunch it was a lovely platter. Talking to Matthew about the sharks and seeing his passion for his work is amazing. Keep at it Matthew and team! Best experience ever! Would recommend it to everybody. Thanks also to Fred and Jeremy for the laughs :) Rachel, Nick, Ray, Katie and Denise

Visited June 2013
AdventureBayCharters, Front Office Manager at Adventure Bay Charters, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Hey guys and girls! Thanks so much for the great review! It is nice having a nice small group, which means more personalised service and most importantly more cage time!! i will pass your compliments onto the crew! Nice to see that everyone liked our Facebook Page!:)

Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Swimming with Tuna and Sea Lions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Swimming with tuna and sea lions is the most amazing experience. My wife, daughter and I all agree that these are in the top 10 things we have done. In both cases the crew and the facilities were excellent, but how can anything compete with tuna swimming past you at a few cm at 60 kph or taking small fish out of your hands. And when the crewman clapped his hands and 10 or 15 sea lions came charging down the beach to join us in the water, to dive and twist and turn and leap a few cm away, unbelievable, but true. I strongly recommend that you rent or buy a good quality underwater video camera. In fact I think Adventure Bay Charters should offer them for rent or sale.

Visited April 2013
Kingscote, South Australia, Australia
“SHARK CAGE DIVING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We went to Pt Lincoln for the Mortlock shield and decided do do the shark cage diving.
there was 6 people that went on the Sunday so we had plenty of time in the cage .the total experience was fantastic from the boat ride out approx 2.5hrs to diving in the cage and seeing the Great white Sharks, we saw some big sharks approx 4 ,they hung around for a while just checking us out. we spent probably just over 2 hours in the cage in total ,diving three separate times.The staff on board were very helpful friendly and informative .I would totally recommend Adventure Bay Charters thanks for a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Andrew S
AdventureBayCharters, Front Office Manager at Adventure Bay Charters, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thanks for your review:) I heard that Sunday was a great day for sharks!! I will pass your compliments on to the ABC crew for you!
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just a must do for any adventurer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Sure the journey to Neptune is a long way, but its a lot closer to Sydney's east coast than any other shark dive and I just took it as part of the experience. And this is one experience I will never ever ever forget. Face to face with Jaws!!! In her environment ~ fantastic! Actually it was the 'not being face to face' and not being sure where the hell they were which was the most disconcerting. The Canadians onboard called it one of their BUCKET LIST. I think this experience belongs on everyones bucket list. Just do it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Your review made me laugh!! The sharks are very mysterious. You're sitting there waiting in the a cage and then all of a sudden there is a big whopping shark in front of you!! and your left thinking 'i didn't even see him coming!??!'

It is a bucket list item! glad you ticked it off!
Cheers
Kate
“Awesome would recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Went to port lincoln for the shark cage dive, the crew, food, cage & experience was fantastic. Only downfall was the over 2 hour journey to Neptune, it was boring, could do with some interaction, instead of getting the info pack to read maybe talk shark facts or do a game to see who read the info, do like a pop quiz & the winner gets a chocolate bar or something The shark sightings blew my mind!!! Overall awesome. Fabio

Visited June 2013
AdventureBayCharters, Front Office Manager at Adventure Bay Charters, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Hi Fabio!
Thanks for your recommendation, I think that's a great idea! I will bring it up at the next staff meeting!
Enjoy your time in Oz!