“SHARK CAGE DIVING” 5 of 5 bubbles

Half-Day Sea Lion Snorkeling Tour from Port Lincoln
Ranked #3 of 11 Tours in Port Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Bay Charters is a multi award winning tourism business that offers some of South Australia’s best water based wildlife encounters. Featuring the Australian Sea lions, the Great White Shark, and the world’s first shark “Aqua Sub”, a glass underwater viewing area where you can view sharks while staying completely dry. All encounters are MUST DO experiences when visiting Australia and the Eyre Peninsula. Adventure Bay Charters is the fastest growing and most awarded tourism operator in Port Lincoln and was awarded into the Hall of Fame for Best Adventure tour in 2012 and Major tourist attraction in 2014. Hall of fame recognizes three consecutive years in each category for being the best operator in each category and is an outstanding contribution to South Australian tourism. Adventure Bay Charters was also named Best Tourist Attraction in South Australia for 2015. A family owned and operated business with strong ties and close relationships with customers and the community; Adventure Bay Charters is at the forefront of great tourism experiences in Australia. What are you waiting for? Let the Adventure Bay Crew take you on the ride of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Kingscote, South Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SHARK CAGE DIVING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We went to Pt Lincoln for the Mortlock shield and decided do do the shark cage diving.
there was 6 people that went on the Sunday so we had plenty of time in the cage .the total experience was fantastic from the boat ride out approx 2.5hrs to diving in the cage and seeing the Great white Sharks, we saw some big sharks approx 4 ,they hung around for a while just checking us out. we spent probably just over 2 hours in the cage in total ,diving three separate times.The staff on board were very helpful friendly and informative .I would totally recommend Adventure Bay Charters thanks for a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Andrew S
AdventureBayCharters, Front Office Manager at Adventure Bay Charters, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thanks for your review:) I heard that Sunday was a great day for sharks!! I will pass your compliments on to the ABC crew for you!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just a must do for any adventurer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Sure the journey to Neptune is a long way, but its a lot closer to Sydney's east coast than any other shark dive and I just took it as part of the experience. And this is one experience I will never ever ever forget. Face to face with Jaws!!! In her environment ~ fantastic! Actually it was the 'not being face to face' and not being sure where the hell they were which was the most disconcerting. The Canadians onboard called it one of their BUCKET LIST. I think this experience belongs on everyones bucket list. Just do it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Your review made me laugh!! The sharks are very mysterious. You're sitting there waiting in the a cage and then all of a sudden there is a big whopping shark in front of you!! and your left thinking 'i didn't even see him coming!??!'

It is a bucket list item! glad you ticked it off!
Cheers
Kate
“Awesome would recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Went to port lincoln for the shark cage dive, the crew, food, cage & experience was fantastic. Only downfall was the over 2 hour journey to Neptune, it was boring, could do with some interaction, instead of getting the info pack to read maybe talk shark facts or do a game to see who read the info, do like a pop quiz & the winner gets a chocolate bar or something The shark sightings blew my mind!!! Overall awesome. Fabio

Visited June 2013
AdventureBayCharters, Front Office Manager at Adventure Bay Charters, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Hi Fabio!
Thanks for your recommendation, I think that's a great idea! I will bring it up at the next staff meeting!
Enjoy your time in Oz!
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Adventure Bay Charters certainly delivered an unforgettable day for our 'Swim with the Sharks' experience. The crew were very welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire day. We were lucky enough to see a couple of huge sharks every time we were down in the cage. I was intrigued to see how attracting the sharks with music as opposed to bait would go, and it was very interesting and I found it pretty special to see the sharks up so close around us all day and it felt like we really got to experience them in their natural surroundings. Adventure Bay Charters passion and dedication towards marine wildlife and environmental sustainment was very important to them, which was a huge bonus on our experience. Yummy brekkie and lunch on board too. Relaxing journey back in the late afternoon with dolphin sightings along the way. A big thankyou to all the crew.

Visited February 2013
Thanks for your great response!
I will pass your compliments onto the staff!
You made my tummy rumble talking about breakfast, I think I might have to eat one of those delicious muffins now:)
Melbourne, Australia
“Seeing Sharks naturally - A Must Do!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Experienced the 2 different types of cage diving tours and hands down Adventure Bay charters was the best experience. Great Crew who really know their stuff and really seemed to care about the sharks. Small group, more personalised service, It takes a lot to impress me and I loved every minute of it. I would recommmend to anybody.

Visited May 2013