“Unforgettable Day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Half-Day Sea Lion Snorkeling Tour from Port Lincoln
Ranked #3 of 11 Tours in Port Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Bay Charters is a multi award winning tourism business that offers some of South Australia’s best water based wildlife encounters. Featuring the Australian Sea lions, the Great White Shark, and the world’s first shark “Aqua Sub”, a glass underwater viewing area where you can view sharks while staying completely dry. All encounters are MUST DO experiences when visiting Australia and the Eyre Peninsula. Adventure Bay Charters is the fastest growing and most awarded tourism operator in Port Lincoln and was awarded into the Hall of Fame for Best Adventure tour in 2012 and Major tourist attraction in 2014. Hall of fame recognizes three consecutive years in each category for being the best operator in each category and is an outstanding contribution to South Australian tourism. Adventure Bay Charters was also named Best Tourist Attraction in South Australia for 2015. A family owned and operated business with strong ties and close relationships with customers and the community; Adventure Bay Charters is at the forefront of great tourism experiences in Australia. What are you waiting for? Let the Adventure Bay Crew take you on the ride of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Adventure Bay Charters certainly delivered an unforgettable day for our 'Swim with the Sharks' experience. The crew were very welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire day. We were lucky enough to see a couple of huge sharks every time we were down in the cage. I was intrigued to see how attracting the sharks with music as opposed to bait would go, and it was very interesting and I found it pretty special to see the sharks up so close around us all day and it felt like we really got to experience them in their natural surroundings. Adventure Bay Charters passion and dedication towards marine wildlife and environmental sustainment was very important to them, which was a huge bonus on our experience. Yummy brekkie and lunch on board too. Relaxing journey back in the late afternoon with dolphin sightings along the way. A big thankyou to all the crew.

Visited February 2013
AdventureBayCharters, Front Office Manager at Adventure Bay Charters, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thanks for your great response!
I will pass your compliments onto the staff!
You made my tummy rumble talking about breakfast, I think I might have to eat one of those delicious muffins now:)

Melbourne, Australia
“Seeing Sharks naturally - A Must Do!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Experienced the 2 different types of cage diving tours and hands down Adventure Bay charters was the best experience. Great Crew who really know their stuff and really seemed to care about the sharks. Small group, more personalised service, It takes a lot to impress me and I loved every minute of it. I would recommmend to anybody.

Visited May 2013
Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shark tour that delivered sharks and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I loved the personal approach adopted by this operator. My experience of seeing a great white and being able to leisurely take it all in was their number one priority. Nothing was too much trouble or left to chance. Top quality gear, well laid out boat, plenty of food, high attention to safety for all participants and the great whites. The use of acoustics to peak the natural curiosity of the sharks is ingenious and allowed for continual clear waters which made excellent viewing. I personally viewed 2 great whites but the group had over 7 sightings which lasted for various lengths of time. Time in the cage was lengthy as the group was smaller. I was treated as an individual and not just a number in a group and did not have viewing time limits imposed on me. I even hand fed some trevally, sweep and sparrow fish which was a bonus unique experience in itself. Well done to all involved, from booking to experiencing the day and being delivered safely back on shore, my experience was professionally delivered.

Visited May 2013
Thanks for your awesome review!
Sightings have been fantastic over the last 2 months and looks like it's going to stay like this for a while!
Anyone would think they were tame:)
Adelaide, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A must do experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

A must do adrenaline pumping experience. This Eco Friendly tour was brilliant - the boat wasn't crowded, got to spend lots of time in the cage & saw plenty of great white sharks. The crew were excellent and made sure everyone was looked after and got plenty of time in the water. The sharks really are majestic creatures. Adventure Bay Charets tour was fantastic.

Visited April 2013
Delft, The Netherlands
“Yeeej sharks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I went to Port Lincoln for the cage diving. I'm happy with my choice to go with Adventure Bay. The crew was absolute great, I could stay in the ocean for over 2 hours. Saw 3 sharks, catched my first fisch ever, saw dolphins and sealions. Great day! It's a small group, you will get the opportunity to go in the ocean as much as you want. Thanks for everyting!

Visited April 2013