“Leave stress at the door.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center

Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Elliot
Port Noarlunga, Australia
“Leave stress at the door.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed at Authenticity for two relaxing days.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. All rooms were beautiful and charming, and my delightful room was with ensuite.I felt pampered and special.
The meals were healthy and tasted fantastic.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Val S
, Manager Resident Psychotherapist at Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Guest ! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us.

The best compliment you can give us is to let us know what you think of your experience at the resort.

I am delighted that you have had a most enjoyable stay and were able appreciated our genuine hospitality and what the resort has to offer.

"What comes from the heart touches the heart"

I look forward looking after you and your loved ones here at the resort again.

Keep in mind our moto "If you have a request or desire ask, we will do our best to meet your needs, we are here after all for you"

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We came here for my wedding anniversary.

We're both in high stress executive positions and I found this place to be perfect to
escape.

Highlights were the atmosphere, the massage and dinner.

We'll be coming back, next time for longer and I'll be sending all my staff here when they need a real break.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TezzaTC
, manager resident psychotherapist at Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2012

Feedback serves an important function in our ability to understand what our guests appreciate most so we can do more of it and what not so we can improve. In your instance am certainly pleased that you have had a most enjoyable stay and were able appreciated our genuine hospitality and what the resort has to offer.

Keep in mind our moto "If you have a request or desire and you don't ask we don't always know, but if you do ask we will do our best to meet your needs, we are here after all for you"

I look forward to having you here at the resort again. and it gets better like a good wine that ages well. You can anticipate to step into that familiar place of tranquility right away as your senses will be aware of your previous experience that will guide this one :)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I went to Authenticity for a two-day break and left confused! This is an expensive place to stay and although the staff seemed genuinely keen, they were some 'Fawlty Towers' moments.

My arrival was marred by the renovations as I dodged scaffolding to enter the front door, then over and round the dust sheets and sundry tools to enter my room.

I found the decor an eclectic mix of Mediterranean inspired - Australian colonial with hints of the East. The room was pleasant, albeit a tad dusty. I anticipated spending my first afternoon resting in my room, however I found the sounds of drills, hammering etc not conducive to relaxation.

I was surprised that the bathroom was shared, in this case by another couple, as this had not been mentioned. I was prepared to be flexible, however it seemed that the couple had aqua inspired amorous intentions - and when I wished to use the bathroom it was occupied. I was far too embarrassed to mention that they were monopolising the facilities. I managed a shower mid-aftenoon on the second day and on the final morning I gave up and drove home.

The food was delicious, with three 'light' courses, accompanied by organic wine at an extra $15 a glass. On retiring to my room the mosquitos marred a good nights sleep.

The yoga 'class' was another memorable experience - an hour spent in a cold semi-converted garage while gregory went through his morning routine, issuing an occasional instruction. Although there were only two of us in the class there was no personal attention, so I left still wondering how to get in the swan position, with a cramp in my leg.

I left disappointed that my break had not been more relaxing and on arriving home finally had a long, soothing bath!

Room Tip: No cooling, other than a fan, if requested
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jamie_jenna1308
, Manager at Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us. Feedback is important in order to understand what we can do better . My apologies for not meeting all your expectations, and thank you for highlighting what you did enjoy.

Authenticity is housed in a circa 1864 building as such repairs may be required at any one time, at times we close entirely depending on the extend of repairs, however in this instance the repairs were on the portico/entrance so noise where to be kept at a minimum level. We do take care to minimize noise and the time frame some of those repairs take place, and as most guests spend time at the main rooms which are located in the rear of the manor, where the lounge rooms, tea room, restaurant/cafe and pool areas are located, for the majority of the day we anticipated minimal disturbance.

We also have regulations that if work,s that may create noise, have to be carried out, that includes gardening, workers are not to start early in the day or finish late. Ensuring this way usual rest times are not disrupted.

It is procedure at the time of booking to let our potential guests know that not all rooms have their own en-suits and options are available for rooms with suites. We are currently at a process where are reviewing option to fit suites in the bedrooms a delicate process for a 1864 building, certainly great care needs to be taken to preserve the heritage of the manor but alas we are are exploring our options.

I like to highlight that Authenticity is not a modern building, one can not expect to have a classic car with all the trims of a modern one. Classics or antiques are simply what they are, and that is old, historic, charming, remnants of another time suited to the romantics. We do the best we can from our Heart to look after it and maintain the building and its decor in the highest standard we can for its age.

It is an manor for those who appreciate what it is and that is an Historic manor.

The yoga is a meditative style that focuses on flow, so Yes not the usual interruptions or attention to to the slightest detail of the pose is required here, the motto in the classes is, 'there is no absolutes". Participants are encouraged to find a way to practice that it is best for them. Where emphasis and focus is given is in the experience which the class instructs in detail like breathing awareness and mindfulness, but once again ask and you shall receive if you do not ask, are embarrassed do so, or don't want to offend, it leaves very little options at the time to satisfy your needs. We are very accommodating if we know what our guest want.

Our wines are eclectic Organic and Bio-Dynamic unfortunately that process means the wine has a "price tag" $15 a glass or $45 a bottle for a 2008 vintage, that may perhaps seem too much for some of our guests and we appreciate that, however we do want to offer a wine that is of the highest standard not loaded with chemicals therefore healthy and tasty. Ordinary wines contain anything within the range one hundred different chemicals, some of which undo any health benefits a glass of wine my boast.

Once again thank you for taking time to write your comments and feedback we are most certainly taking every step to improve were possible at all times.

Warm Regards Gregory Damaskos Managing Director
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My weekend at Authenticity exceeded all expectations. Gregory and the team have created such a calm and caring envirnoment. The building is wonderful and the interior decoration full of comfy lounges, antique furniture and a roaring open fire. The rooms are so warm and inviting, the massage and beauty treatments sublime, and the food (vego) full of flavor. The music pays softly in the background, the incense burns and the candles gently light the rooms - all adding up to the most relaxing weekend I've ever spent. But remember this isn't a slick 5 star resort, it's a lovingly nurtured place to relax and recharge, so let go and enjoy.

Room Tip: Our room had a shared bathroom ( with one other room) which didn't bother us at all. However, i...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nel28_12
Gregory D, Director Resident Psychotherapist at Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2012

I look forward to having you here at the resort again.

Warm Regards Gregory Damaskos Director Resident Psychotherapist and Naturopath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I have been staying at Authenticity for years now mostly our wedding anniversary's as well as bringing overseas guests to the retreat.

When you walk into Authenticity you leave everything behind; time, pressure, stress and worries. Take off the watch, switch off the mobiles & iPads, no news, no radio, no newspapers, no TV, no external distractions. What time is it? Ah yes its massage time, or lunch time. This is the BEST escape for those that truly want to rest, relax and rejuvenate.

It is my husbands favourite place and we would highly recommend it. Gregory's staff serve and pamper you and cater for your needs, whims and quirks. The food is delicious, the coffee even better, the staff are unobtrusive yet when you need them they seem to magically appear out of nowhere.

As for the treatments, they are superb and the staff cater to your specific likes and needs.

I cannot recommend Authenticity highly enough, we have bought overseas guests to the retreat and they have LOVED it. We will continue to go back to Authenticity and by the way, when you become a regular, its like coming home, the tea is on, just the way you like it and your massage awaits, just the way you like it.

Room Tip: Our favourite room is the upstairs en suite, it is bright, airy, private with a HUGE bathroom and fa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshleyKP
Gregory D, Director at Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us.

Feedback serves an important function in our ability to understand what our guests appreciate most so we can do more of it and what not so we can improve. In this case am certainly pleased that you have had a most enjoyable stay and were able appreciated what we had to offer.

I look forward to having you here at the resort again.

Warm Regards Gregory Damaskos Director Resident Psychotherapist and Naturopath
Port Elliot Beach House YHA
#1 of 3 in Port Elliot
1.7 km away
Trafalgar Premium Vintage Suites

Been to Authenticity Sanctuary Retreat and Transformational Center? Share your experiences!