“Boss is away and place goes down hill”

Steamtown Dine Inn Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 13 Restaurants in Peterborough
Reviewed 20 January 2023

We are frequent customers for sit down meals, Tonight 20/01/2023 a group of us went there for our evening meal. It was the worst reception I experienced, I was promised by the Boss that there would be Hahn Ultra Crisp beer there for me and that I could have any breakfast meal I wish because they are Gluten Free.

What a BIG joke it turned out to be. Could not have a beer because they had none, but the boss said 3 visits ago he "WILL GET IT IN". Then I go to order our evening meals and be told I could not have the Big Breakfast. No reason as to why but then told no bread, it (Bread) is not even mentioned on the Menu.

According to the menu I was to get two large sausages, Did not get them and the Bacon was only two small mingy pieces and two soft yoke eggs (YUK) I was not impressed with the meal and the reception I got from 3 staff who I could not understand.

Results are: I will speak to the Boss when he returns from India and if I am treated like it again I will walk and give the the finger as I go. NOT GOOD SERVICE AND A DISSAPOINTING MEAL.

Date of visit: January 2023

Reviewed 20 December 2022 via mobile

Steam town has got to be one of the nicest feeds in a small country area. My partner and I are touring through Australia and we’ve had a lot of mediocre feeds in small towns and didn’t expect much from this small restaurant attached to a servo, but we were wrong to judge. The pizzas were super fresh and tasty, hot chicken salt chips and milkshake was super tasty as well. All over 5 stars for just a small feed in a country town.

Date of visit: December 2022
2  Thank Odyssey53875025837
Reviewed 10 December 2022

We had a flyer for this restaurant in the motel we were staying in; it had a huge range of food including a lot of Indian meals and so we decided to give it a go. When we saw it, we were a little concerned that it was part of the local service station, but please don't be!
Once inside, the place was spotlessly clean and a regular stream of people were coming in to eat or get takeaway. I decided to get the chicken vindaloo and a lassi, while my companions went for pizza and a steak. It is licensed and has a small range of alcoholic drinks.
Each of the meals were great, and my vindaloo was quite spicy and the rice excellent. There was a friendly vibe in the place too, with patrons and staff chatting away while eating or waiting for their takeaway.
Happy to recommend Steamtown DineInn for a sit down meal, or to grab a quick take away if you're only passing through the main street of Peterborough.

Date of visit: December 2022
Reviewed 2 July 2022

Tonight we brought Indian Butter Chicken and Mango Chicken with rice and Pupa dam. It was great tasisting and enough to fill you up.

Will buy again try yourself if you passing through….

Ian

Date of visit: July 2022
Reviewed 6 June 2022

Meals and prices are excellent value. Staff are all friendly and helpful.
There is a big menu to choose from which is either eat in or takeaway.
The business is fully licenced with a reasonable selection of Alcoholic and soft drinks.
It's very clean and tidy and welcoming, and is very popular with the Locals and Travellers.
Recommend for great meals for Travellers and Tourists