Open today: 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Captain Proud Paddle Boat Cruises
from USD 52.18
More Info
All reviews lunch cruise murray river staff were friendly relaxing cruise great trip visiting adelaide lovely lunch saturday night dinner commentary
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 December 2016

This is the third year in a row we have done the Captain Proud Christmas Lunch River Cruise and it was again just a fabulous day. It didn't help we had the hottest Christmas Day (41.3C or 106.3F) but the air-conditioners coped as best they could. The staff were delightful and worked extremely hard making sure everyone was served as quickly as they could be. The captain had a plethora of information regarding the river and its history for those who were interested and the kitchen staff cooked up an excellent meal. It was another enjoyable day on the river and well worth the drive to Murray Bride and back from Adelaide. It is family friendly and the staff cater to your needs if you ask in advance. If you are infirmed and have mobility issues getting to the toilet may be difficult as you have to go down a flight of stairs. If you are wanting something different for Christmas highly recommend it, however, don't delay your booking as some people on board booked and paid their deposit for 2017 yesterday, so it will fill fast.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

We were a party of 4 people, 2 middle aged and 2 elderly having a day out for and 80th birthday. We all enjoyed the trip on the paddle boat, the staff were friendly and helpful and the meal was lovely. We would recommend this trip to anyone wishing to have a pleasant afternoon on the Muarray River.

Management response:Responded 24 December 2016

Thank you Jac582016.
I'm very happy that your birthday celebration on the Captain Proud and visit with us was as your review stated "Great"

My team looks forward to seeing you again. Happy Xmas and a safe new year.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We booked Cheap Tuesday Lunch Cruise for my husband’s birthday lunch on Dec 20, 2016. Unfortunately our experience was rather negative. You can say it lives up to its name – cheap. We had our three and a half year old daughter with us and were sat at the table together with another family with a man, a woman and four children. My daughter was very excited and happy to be on the boat. About an hour and a half into a cruise a woman sitting at our table (it was a big table and we were sitting at the opposite ends) said: “Can you shut her up? I am sick of listening to her!” I am very well aware that having noisy little children while you are enjoying your dinner in a restaurant atmosphere can be challenging, but in this case it was totally uncalled for: my daughter was coloring in her activity book and was humming to herself, using her quiet voice and the “formal” lunch part had already finished -- the passengers were moving around the floor, there was a lot of noise and laughter. After I said to the woman that I will not be spoken in that tone, she continued to verbally abuse me. As the language she was using was unacceptable, I asked the staff member to do something about it. The female staff member came up but neither interfere or did anything while a male staff member rushed up to my daughter and literally snatched a pen out of her hand, saying: “We do not allow texters on the table cloths. We get yelled at if they get marked”. He then pulled the table cloth from underneath our glasses and left it on the table just like that. The woman at the table meanwhile continued making loud remarks about our family. Neither of the staff member interfered. I told the female staff that if children on board are such a hassle, they should just make a note of it, but she replied that they are “a family oriented facility”. About 10 minutes before we were about to dock, a female staff member came up again and asked if there is anything that she could do to make the situation better. Obviously it was a bit late by then. While I understand that the staff is in no way responsible for the behavior of the passengers, the way they handled that behavior was, in my opinion, way below standard. Very disappointing, will not recommend to anyone, especially families with small children.

Management response:Responded 21 December 2016

Irina

I’m so sorry you had such trouble on your cruise. It is unfortunate that there was a customer who was not polite but what concerns me is how my staff may have or have not solved this issue. I have discussed this issue with my staff and was assured they at no time snatched a pen from your daughter but had mentioned they will move the tablecloth to prevent it being stained or marked. I am also told that they offered to move you to another table and also offered the lounge area but you decided to remain where you were. The staff are now instructed to advise the Captain on duty of any situation like this in the future but this is the first and i hope the last time. I am not sure what set off the other passenger involved at your table but the staff have given me their opinion but as i or the captain was not informed at the time it is hard for us to remark any further regarding the other passenger. As owner of the Captain Proud I look on actions of my staff seriously and how they manage all things that may be presented to them. Until this review I have been happy and proud of their individual work on our vessel and we have a 99% positive review status. I know this is of no comfort at this time but please rest assured I will get to the bottom of what transpired and also try to engage the other passenger involved as I will have their contact from the manifest and seating arrangement.

Once again I wish you would have had a better day but please have a safe and happy Christmas

Reviewed 15 December 2016

The Tyndale Christian School Murray Bridge recently had their end of year Christmas staff party on board the Captain Proud. it was a gorgeous night for a cruise and we all had a really lovely time. The tables were beautifully decorated with lots of nibbles and the meals were wonderful, really tasty.
The staff were very attentive and friendly.
I cannot recommend the Captain Proud enough, you wont be disappointed.
All thanks and credit to Greig & Vesna Donaldson, Kayla and the rest of the crew
great job guys!
Tania@Tyndale

Reviewed 11 December 2016

39 of our family and friends met up and travelled the river on this wonderful paddle boat.
The weather, staff, food, drinks, view and overall experience was marvelous.
Thank you for giving us a discount for this many people and being very professional.
Will definately recommend this cruise to others.