“Yum!”

20:00
Ranked #16 of 52 Restaurants in McLaren Vale
Price range: USD 9 - USD 22
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oscars is located in the heart of McLaren Vale and prides itself on offering a relaxed dining experience while serving delicious and fresh food, accompanied with our local wines, beers and ciders. ​ Oscars offers an extensive Mediterranean style menu that caters for each individual. ​ Open 7 days, for lunch and dinner.​ ​ Follow us on Facebook & Instagram
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Food was so delicious & service very friendly. Would definitely dine here again when visiting the region or recommend to others.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Helen2310
Write a reviewReviews (560)

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This is the second time in a month that we have visited. The first time really enjoyed, how ever our resent visit the food was disappointing. I had the pork kasalar it was cold and in appetising my wife had a pasta dish which also was poor, still it's a nice place if you are in the vale

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank I5721VTroberth
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I am quite local to this place and I do not understand why it is so popular, I may just be unlucky here but I could not rate this place high enough to rave about it. My meals have always been ok, again on this occasion it took almost 1.5 hours to get our meals. I really think they should have bought some bread out to us knowing how long we were waiting, 8 of us, unless of course they do not worry about keeping an eye on times.
We were sat in one of the alfresco areas and although the fire was on it was freezing, I had to keep my coat on!!
I only go when invited and have never decided to go on our own, too many great places to visit in this country town to have an ok meal that takes far too long to come out.
Having said that, please try it for yourself as lots of people love this place and they must love it for a reason. As I say I could just be an unlucky guest that gets that 1 in a 1000 bad experience.
Just my opinion I am afraid.....

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Oscars has been around for a long time and it shows in the smooth operation of the restaurant. Extensive menu with great daily specials, good wine list. Pizzas and Pastas are all fantastic but beware. the Pasta mains are big serves. Various seating areas from outside (great during warmer weather) to an enclosed verandah to inside seating which is especially nice during winter. Always friendly staff that seem to be sourced locally. All in all a great value for money restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Stephen_B_1948
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Have been here a few times now & each time the food & service is always great.
Was here on a glorious winter Sunday for lunch - outside in the sun & the food & service was incredible. Our waitress was extremely helpful and friendly. (Forgot to ask her name)
Thank you for the glorious meals. So nice to see a great cocktails menu!!
Table 39 - Sunday 2nd July 2017.

Date of visit: July 2017