All reviews hot tub mini bar attention to detail local produce every direction bacon beautiful property plastic wine glasses spice rack beautiful sunset quality furnishings would highly recommend staying here lovely aspect two bedroom two bathroom owners provide door code surrounding hills
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I don't even know where to start......

The privacy is just fabulous, when you arrive you explore at your own pace, only to discover the fridge stocked with some local goodies, a short stroll to the Spa where we enjoyed some MclarenVale Reds, amenities so we could cook a hearty meal, not so far away from the shops so we could purchase food.

The gardens were stunning.

We stayed in the 2 Bedroom Highland, it was so comfy, as soon as we walked it we were home...... we wished our home was decorated this lovely.

We highly recommend The Vineyard and have already told people to stay there when they visit.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ALC1969, Owner at The Vineyard Retreat McLaren Vale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear DanaeRN
Thank you so much for this lovely review and we're thrilled you felt at home. We hope you can return in the future.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I booked the Vineyard for my husbands 40th Birthday. The property is beautiful and very private. The location is stunning and the cabin was beautifully furnished and stocked with everything you could possible want.I would like to return here in the winter to make use of the wood burner. Booking and check-in was easy. Lots of information about the local area too which was really helpful. Will definitely be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ALC1969, Owner at The Vineyard Retreat McLaren Vale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Katie K, thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we do try really hard to make the process of booking and checking-in as hassle free as possible, after all, you are on holiday! We look forward to your next visit. Warm regards, Anthea

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay at a perfect cottage right in the vineyards at the top of the hill. Amazing views in every direction. First class amenities set in the best location in McLaren Vale. Perfect setting for enjoying a glass of shiraz on the deck.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ALC1969, Owner at The Vineyard Retreat McLaren Vale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear Tom T

Perfectly summed up! Thanks so much and thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

AMAZING!!

Nestled in amongst beautiful scenic undulating vineyards,
The Vineyard Guest Houses were everything and more!
Beautiful decor and so well appointed inside with all the extra goodies not even included in 5 Star hotels.

Our group of four couples slept in lovely comfy beds, each room with our own beautiful ensuite. The whole accommodation experience was faultless!

It is certainly a destination I would recommend for a relaxing getaway positioned in the heart of the beautiful McLaren Vale Wineries. Close to everything.

Absolutely beautiful 10 out of 10.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ALC1969, Owner at The Vineyard Retreat McLaren Vale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Liz v

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we really appreciate it. We're so happy to hear you loved your stay with us, it's comments such as yours that spur us on to keep improving so thank you!

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

The Vineyard Retreat is one of the nicest, most luxurious places we've ever stayed. My husband and I spent our wedding night and two more nights directly after our wedding in The Highland which is a two bedroom/two bathroom home. Anthea offered this to us because we wanted to extend our stay at the last minute so she locked off one room and we've been able to enjoy the accommodation to ourselves. There are four separate accommodation units/houses in total and they all look amazing. There's too many incredible things to mention or include in a couple of paragraphs so I've listed them below.
⁃ Clean, luxurious and incredibly well decorated.
⁃ Great quality amenities and inclusions
⁃ Well stocked mini bar which is free of charge for the guests. My very new husband and I have totally over indulged. It's so delicious and abundant with supplies.
⁃ The Highland has a fantastic kitchen. I'm a cook so I loved cooking up some late night creations.
⁃ The private deck has the most beautiful views and it was so lovely to enjoy our breakfast and coffee with a rug (supplied as well) or a wine or three in the afternoon.
⁃ Super comfortable couch and bed
⁃ Great bathroom with everything you'd ever need.
⁃ The spa deck is quite remarkable. We enjoyed a two hour dip and Anthea even supplies plastic wine glasses to take up.
⁃ I absolutely love the kitchen inclusions like hot chocolate, marshmallows and a spice rack.
⁃ Great recommendations and details in the info book.
⁃ The accommodation feels like it's far away from the busy part of the region but it's actually quite close. Only a 5 to 10 min drive to some popular spots.
⁃ Great communication from the owner in the lead up which was greatly appreciated.
I could go on but in finishing this accommodation is spectacular and it's worth every dollar. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Michelle P, Wow, what a fabulous and detailed review. Thrilled you over indulged - that's what the complimentary mini bar is for! and I agree, The Highland kitchen is great for cooking up a feast, you clearly felt right at home on the property which is awesome! Perhaps you'll venture back sometime... for an anniversary maybe - we'd love to see you again. Warmest regards, Anthea