Our group stayed for one night at this clean comfortable little motel.Free WI-Fi was a very nice plus. Our room, though small was very nice and had a table outside overlooking the very pretty garden. The hosts were very helpful and knowledgeable. We had heard it was possible to see wild platypus nearby and we were given exact directions with the result that I did indeed see the platypus.It was also a short walk into town to the Lake Eacham hotel for a classic pub meal for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kookaburra Lodge is a 12 room motel set in tropical gardens in the heart of historical Yungaburra village. Each room is en suite and air-conditioned with its own veranda where room service breakfasts are served. The motel's off-highway location is a bonus with no traffic noise. We are within walking distance from restaurants, shops and Peterson creek where the Platypus live. We are also Bike Friendly so if your riding the Mountain Bike Trails or the scenic roads around the Tablelands we have secure storage for your bike along with workbench and tools and wash down area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kookaburra Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kookaburra Hotel Yungaburra
- Kookaburra Motel Yungaburra