“Serene, sparkling water, sweet wildlife”

Lake Barrine Rainforest Cruise and Teahouse
Reviewed 10 January 2016

The tour of lake barrine is so enjoyable. The boat you go on seems to float around the lake as the motor is so quiet. The commentary is really informative and the wildlife seems to come out to show off as you go past! It's a slow, gentle cruise around the lake, about 20 minutes. Then have breakfeast, morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea at the wonderful tea house!

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

My tea was divine, scones were just like nan used to make.... And our three kids were straight in for a swim! The history of the place was a fascinating read for all of us. I highly recommend stopping by

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Cruise around this volcanic lake and see nature up CLOSE. A python resting in long grasses, several cute turtles, lizards, birds, ancient trees. Did this 35 years ago and it didn't disappoint second time round.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed our Devonshire tea and then cruise around the lake. The staff were all friendly and keen to ensure that you enjoyed this beautiful lake setting The lady who took us around the lake was sensational and our kids were entertained and engaged for the whole trip. - loads of fun for all with lots to see- very unique and unspoiled.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We just made our cruise, and had an enjoyable time out on the lake. Unfortunately we didn't see much wildlife, but did see plenty of ducks, turtles and eels! The tour guide was clearly very passionate about her work.

The Devonshire tea was a little disappointing. The scones already had the jam and cream on them when they were served, and had a little too much jam for my liking. I was expecting lovely fresh thick cream, but it tasted like whipped cream out of a can to me.

It was an enjoyable stop, and I would recommend visiting if you're going past, but I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

1  Thank zanzibar138