“ignore the owner the food is yummy”
Review of Flynn's Restaurant

Flynn's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Price range: USD 9 - USD 23
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established 2002. We are a small restaurant serving quality fresh food made from local produce. We cook French /Italian cuisine. Family friendly. Children's meals are available. Fully licensed, we serve quality wines, beers and spirits. Wheelchair accessible.
Reviewed 15 October 2016

go out and splurge! Lotsa yummy stuff to spoil you!
Not very kids friendly but quiet instead. Very upmarket.

1  Thank smithpeter1932
Ovation17, Owner at Flynn's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Dear Smithpeter1932

Thank you so much for your review.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoy dining here.
And I'm glad that, in the title of your review, you mention that people should ignore me when they come here to dine. That's because I am always very busy in my small kitchen cooking simple honest French and Italian home cooking which I have recreated with my heart by way of traveling and living in these countries with their beautiful cuisines.
I consider it my duty to recreate and serve the grand cuisines of these two cultures.
and I hope that with each plate that I cook for my guests that they too experience the same joy that I have been fortunate enough to experience in Europe with it's amazing cuisines and hospitality.

With best regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2016

The duck menu at this restaurant was the best I've ever had.
My partner had pasta which was also great. The portions are not that big so there is room enough for a starter or a dessert. If you prefer excellent food instead of large average food portions this restaurant is the right address for you.

2  Thank D4nim

Ovation17, Owner at Flynn's Restaurant, responded to this review
Thank you for taking the time to share your high praise of my food, namely the Duck, which I prepare here at Flynn's.
For your information, the Duck is cooked slowly in it's own fat, with expensive sea-salt used by the world's top chefs, and some specially sourced Chinese five spice, until the skin is crispy and the meat underneath is fall-offf-the-bone tender. I usually serve it on lentils cooked with vinegar & cream or sometimes steamed cabbage with bacon, and at lunch, just on a freshly dressed French salad with pommes salardaise - potatoes fried in duck fat ; simple but authentic French cuisine.
It is just another example of the length and depth of details we go to to prepare and serve you and all of our diners food that is at once simple and perfect.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We live locally, but this was our first time at Flynn's. The restaurant is in a quiet road of the village of Yungaburra, I never really walked or driven past so it has not been an obvious choice for me so far. Finally, we decided to give it a go and we were pleasantly surprised! Sonia, the manager, made us feel incredibly welcome from the minute we stepped in and took us to our table. We started with a delicious aperitif and then dinner service began. I had bruschetta and the duck while my partner had pierogi and linguine pasta. We also shared some cauliflower. Portions were generous and tasted authentic. The menu was not too extensive, but it did not matter as each single dish we had was delicious and beautifully cooked, full of flavour. We managed to fit dessert too, apple tart and chocolate belgian cake and they were a wonderful way to finish our meals, truly delicious!! The restaurant is only run by the chef Liam and the manager Sonia and it impressed me how everything worked so well, despite the fact the place was quite busy to start with - they are real professionals, hats off to them! We will definitely go back again, it was a beautiful dining experience.

2  Thank VV82

Ovation17, Owner at Flynn's Restaurant, responded to this review
Thank you for your great review and interesting point of our locale with which I agree. We try our very best to provide all of our diners with the highest standard we can offer. We are very happy that you recognize the effort that we put into making your dining experience a special one. Sonia's standard is second to none and she genuinely enjoys providing diners with personable, top-notch service, which is a rare quality these days. I prepare all of the food here using primary ingredients , so I appreciate your praise of the food I cook and menu that we offer here.
Cheers & best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2016

The menu displayed outside was different than the menu given inside, Pate was great, poor choices on the menu and the wine list was almost limited to $100+ wines. We were told that they were closing down for six weeks soon, but that is there problem not mine. I will be in no rush to return to this restaurant.

5  Thank dmj01

Hi, First of all, the menu outside is posted sometimes just before we open the doors at 6pm. It changes slightly from day to day. When you were served you made it known that you were disappointed that we did not have a Rose on our wine list and the manager, Sonia, informed you that we would be closing for a long break within a fortnight, hence our limited wine list. She also permitted you to pick up a bottle of Rose at the nearby bottle shop to drink with your meal with no service charge. You declined. You ordered a bottle of wine that cost $47 and there was an ample selection of wines at various price points on our wine list that evening. But it was apparent that you were unhappy with several things, including a meal which you deemed to be warm when, in fact, it came out of a hot pan after being cooked. You and you wife were offered free schnapps and you were asked at the counter if everything was fine to which you replied positively. Yet, here you are on Tripadvisor writing a scathing review.
Sir, the only things pretentious and disappointing here are your attitude and your grasp of the English language.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Flynn's Restaurant has a small but delicious menu. The night we visited, we enjoyed an entree of Cognac and Duck liver pate with a red onion pickle served with fresh bread. We both agreed this was the best pate we had ever eaten. Mains were also delicious- my partner had the Prawn Linguine while I had the Ox Cheeks in red wine. The beef was melt in your mouth and flavoursome. The service and attentiveness of the waitress was really impressive. Sadly we had no room to try the Creme Brûlée - maybe next visit.

2  Thank Nancy N

Thank you for your generous review, we do maintain a small menu so as to ensure that everything on it is presented to our diners at the highest standard we can offer. Everything is made here including our delicious pate and the red onion pickle. Our ingredients are mostly sourced locally which is another reason for the small selection that we provide. We look forward to your next meal with us and the Crème Brûlée is waiting for you to try.
Kind regards, Liam Flynn