Lowest prices for your stay
AU$175
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
AU$175
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Priceline
All reviews decent motel tour group the managers small pool undercover parking australian age of dinosaurs outback tour cooking facilities great outback waltzing matilda comfortable bed new owners north gregory hotel dining room helen cam meals
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2023 via mobile

Stayed recently for 3 nights. New managers are ensuring that Motels previous reputation is no longer. They are making every effort to make guests welcome. Rooms are clean and tidy, lawns mowed and pool clean. Their cooks due back from holiday soon but nothing wrong with the meals. Good luck in your new venture.

Room tip: Close to central Winton.
Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Boulder Motel, General Manager at Boulder Opal Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2023

Thank you so much for your review Ann! Hopefully we will see you again one day in the future. Safe travels.

Celeste

Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

OMG we stayed last month as we had previously stayed here two years ago. Hoping we where greeted by the most exceptional guests Helen and Cam. They where an amazing couple. Sadly they had moved on and our stay here was below average. Rude managers upon our recent visit. What an absolute shame. Won’t be back. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Boulder Motel, General Manager at Boulder Opal Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2022

I am so sorry you experienced this. Just letting you know we now have new owners and new managers, Celeste and David. We will be making some changes to the motel rooms and would love the opportunity one day in the future to have you visit again.

Reviewed 10 November 2022 via mobile

Female receptionist completely rude had been drinking and like the previous review we left and will never come back. X ok pop aired we were ten minutes early. Save your money stay somewhere else!! What a joke. Accused of lying and treated me like a child

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2022

I recently booked into this motel and had one of the worst experiences in my many years of travel. Arrived for check-in 5 mins earlier than 2pm and was rudely told by staff (who I think was the owner).. oh you are a bit early. By the way there was nobody else around to check-in just me.
Then this same person, with a glass of wine in hand observed us very closely while we drove to our room as if we were school children.
We parked the car sideways so we could get our very elderly mother out of the car with minimal steps to the motel room. Was then told angrily by staff to move the car because it was a hazard. No problem but the manner I was spoken to was disgraceful.
1hr later was sitting outside the room and was yelled at approximately 50meters away by the same person "come over here I need to speak to you". "Come here and step into my office I need to speak with you". Was like a rude principal speaking to a student. Asked for money back and immediately left. Never to return and would never recommend this place.

Date of stay: November 2022

Reviewed 1 November 2022 via mobile

The most positive comment I can make is the current management are leaving at the end of November as in their words they have had enough of the outback. Not great for promoting the tourism of Winton. Stayed here as part of a tour group for 2 nights. On arrival the female manager rudely insulted two of our party for not smiling and the other for leaving early which was highly inconvenient as breakfast would have to be brought to their rooms.
Rooms are ok. Not great the room I had the fridge did not work and was leaking water. The room next door was occupied by the tour guide and I could hear every word he spoke on the phone . Wifi and phone coverage non existent unless with Telstra
The second night we had dinner at the motel and it was delicious as was the breakfast both days, however the rude manager informed us at 7pm the bar was closing as they ( the management had been working for 13 hours.) What a joke. A couple of our group tried to buy a glass of wine and were turned away at 7.15
I understand the motel has new owners and I hope they carefully consider who they get to manage the property. Winton is a great outback country town worthy of a couple of days stay.

Date of stay: October 2022