Lowest prices for your stay
AU$207
HIExpress.com
AU$207
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Vio.com
AU$190
Breakfast included
All reviews shower door free breakfast within walking distance showering tv bedroom views
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2023

I’m a diamond elite IHG member so generally choose an IHG hotel for business trips. The check in experience was lack lustre. There was no parking and I had to park a 5 minute walk away. There is no restaurant in the evening. No wifi that was compatible with my iPad or laptop. The rooms are small. The first room smelt unclean. Service was average at best.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sunshine Coast, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2023

Dear Peta M,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Sunshine Coast while visiting Sunshine Coast. It's a pleasure having you as our guest.

I am truly sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel, I apologize for the service of our staff and the cleanliness of our room. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 24 September 2023 via mobile

Great hotel to stay and the receptionists were very very helpful and I will definitely recommend staying here.. breakfast was amazing and delicious. Thanks for amazing hospitality and definitely will stay here again if I come to sunshiny coast again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2023 via mobile

Great location, very friendly and professional staff. The hotel is very clean and the included breakfast is fresh and delicious. Rooms are well appointed, beds comfy and the blackout curtains are a great addition. The pool and gym area are a good size .

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2023 via mobile

There are little redeeming features about this hotel. The rooms are tiny, and I should know as I experienced three of them all in the space of three hours.

On the final move, I was required to move rooms at 11.30pm due to an incredibly noise air conditioner, that was still making noise when it was off. I was offered another room but had to then move all my luggage myself on a number of trips. At least the night manager came to my room to collect the keys.

The parking was very limited, even though there were many empty parks that I could see at 12am. However, I still wasn’t offered one.

I still had Saturday night booked, but left as I couldn’t handle another night. I didn’t even bother seeking a refund as that would have been too difficult.

Never again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sunshine Coast, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2023

Hi Eddie G,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sunshine Coast and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and making IHG Hotels & Resorts a part of your travel.

We work very hard and strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express. Our goal is to offer a seamless and relaxing stay, and I'm sorry to learn that it didn't happen. We take feedback seriously and would like to know more about it, and share this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate message and hope you respond soon.

Your loyalty is important to us. We hope you choose IHG Hotels & Resorts for your future travels.

Best Regards,

Jenilyn J
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 27 July 2023

This is a hotel in a building site, masquerading as a business hotel. There is extremely limited parking and it is run in a haphazard manner, no dry cleaning service, no room service and very small office space off the restaurant for $400 a day. The free, but limited, breakfast buffet is very obviously built into the cost of the room. The rooms are tiny, have no desk and your luggage has to occupy floor space. The hotel is new and this is pleasant but for the business traveller the lack of services and space kills it. A rude brunette on the front desk did nothing to help.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bad_2_the_bone
Sunshine Coast, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sunshine Coast, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2023

Hi Bad_2_the_bone

Thank you for leaving feedback on staying at our Holiday Day Inn Express & Suites .We offer simple and smart travel for all. Our Hotel is located in the heart of the new Maroochydore CBD , since the hotel has a very limited car parking we do not hold any spots or reserve them as its purely given out on first come first serve , however please be advised that there is a new car parking facility getting built which will resolve our car parking issues over the time. I hope you enjoyed our free breakfast and other amenities available.
We are sorry if your stay was not perfect and didn't meet to your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will make sure your feedback is passed to my team.

I hope you will give us a chance staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Should you need any further assistance please contact us directly at 0752208000 or an email to Martin.joseph@proinvesthotels.com

Martin Joseph