Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
Priceline
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
No prepayment needed
Go to your Happy Price
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews restaurant strip room was spacious sunshine plaza four nights cotton tree would stay here again accommodation eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2023 via mobile

Top Spot Motel is a beautiful retro motel experience in the heart of the action between Maroochydore and Maloollaba. If heart can be rated Top Spot is 6 star, just meet Karen. Rooms are spotless comfy good linen ironing boards TV that swivels and you can keep an eye on your car just two meters away. Cotton Tree is close. Big Top and restaurants and Sunshine Plaza as well as beach. Top Spot!

Room tip: Book ahead.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2023

The motel is well located in town,reasonably priced ,everything seemed to work ,but has no reserved parking in front of your room.
We stayed four nights and 3 days,in this time the room was not cleaned,no topping up of beverages and biscuits and the towels were changed once.Being out all day and getting back to the motel on our second night at 11pm we found the room had not been touched and we had no clean towels.I went to see the night manager and told him ,very politely,that our room had not been cleaned .He was very aggressive and rude from the outset and told me the towels only get changed every three days.I asked for at least one towel so at least my wife and her 88 year old mother could shower ,which he refused to do.I was told I was a whinger and he closed the door in my face.
At no time ,either at booking or check in,was I told the towels only get changed every three days,or that cleaning and top up was not part of the service.Up until my encounter with the night manager we thought the motel was reasonable overall and were thinking of re booking for our next trip up here ,but after being treated so rudely and unprofessionally plus the lack of cleaning we will be looking elsewhere.

Room tip: Check what they provide e.g clean towels daily
Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2022 via mobile

Unfortunately a few things weren’t ok, hence the ‘poor’ rating. This is a very dated Motel but it is situated very close to the Sunshine Plaza and the Restaurant Strip of Maroochydore. Be warned, the Wifi does ‘not’ work in the back bedrooms as apparently the signal will not go thru the brick wall. It also will ‘drop-out’ in the front room but I was told that if you stand ‘outside’ the front of your room (honestly!) You should get some reception. I did say that I don’t think that I would be standing outside the Motel Room for the ‘Free’ WiFi. We also didn’t have parking outside our room as other rooms had because the room was close to a corner so we had to park elsewhere. Unfortunately, if you sleep in the single bed (front room) there is a chance that you will be kept awake from the Restaurant/Club noise around the corner. We stayed on a Saturday Night. You can hear quite a bit outside noise in the front room but very Quiet in the back room with door closed. Air-con is only in back room so door has to be kept open to cool front room down. Disappointing.

Room tip: Ring to ask ‘what’ room you are staying in! Check whether WiFi is available IN your room. It’s quite old and basic.
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

Older establishment but very well maintained.

Room was spacious and very clean. Great location, several eateries within a couple of minutes walk and Sunshine Plaza also only a few minutes walk away.

Bed very comfortable, amenities very good. We would stay here again if on the Sunshine Coast.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2022

Stayed here previously with no issues... never again! Website changed the dates on booking when booked, called straight away to rectify, no accomodation available for the dates wanted, no drama, cancelled the booking, lady was very helpful. Day of booking comes around, I receive an email from the manager. I understand she's probably having a bad day but there's no need to be so rude when the hotels website was the issue to begin with. She was on loud speaker and entirely put our family off using this hotel in future. And I suggest if you're booking you call the hotel directly rather than being screwed around by their website, and make sure they send you a confirmation email for your booking and a cancellation one if the booking is cancelled (I received neither).

Date of stay: June 2022