“Wonderful food”

Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Maleny
Price range: AU$20 - AU$59
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Terrace has been an icon for dining in the hinterland for 26 years, having won the best tourism restaurant in Queensland three years in a row and the best in Australia in the year 2000.The Terrace has a huge following of locals and visitors who think nothing of driving up from Brisbane for lunch.With magnificent views and a very romantic out look at night,the best seafood experience in Qld,you do need to make reservations. Open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

Just had lunch at The Terrace, Malney.
Seafood fresh and service excellent. The view from the restaurant is just a bonus. Fully recommend.

Date of visit: September 2020

Reviewed 2 September 2020

Recently celebrated my husband’s birthday with a superb 3 course dinner. Could not fault anything. Highly recommend. Thank you for making it a very special dinner.

Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

Went there on a Saturday, the food was fine H&C seafood platter for two, have been on other occasions and enjoyed more. The place was extremely noisy. Everyone competing to be heard. Thought $12 for a glass of Guinness was up there. The table next to us were charged for extra seafood sauce, doesn’t that mean you didn’t get enough to start with. Okay but not going to rush back. I think 3 is being generous.

Reviewed 2 August 2020

My biggest concern with this restaurant is that I ordered a dessert requesting a GLUTEN FREE option and the restaurant tried to deceive me. On ordering the dessert it appeared to be absolutely no problem to leave the biscotti off the crème brulee. On delivery to our table the biscotti was sitting on the top of the brulee. I quickly informed the waitress I cannot have this dessert. The waitress responded by asking the other diners at the table if some-one else wanted another piece of biscotti. I quickly told the waitress that I could not have that dessert as I am coeliac, and you cannot just remove the biscuit. She took the dessert back to the kitchen, she returned soon after with a “new” dessert which I suspected immediately it was the same one as it had a very heavy sprinkling of icing sugar on it but I couldn’t believe that it would be the same dessert as this was a FINE DINING reputable restaurant, surely they wouldn’t do that so I broke through the caramelised/toffee on the top and found it particularly hard and thick and as tasted the toffee it was BURNT and obviously flamed twice. This was even more apparent as my friends brulee was obviously not the same at all! I gave it immediately to my husband who could not eat it due to the bitter burnt nature and secondly the brulee was curdled.
My concern was not just the dessert, but the meals overall are on a very average standard. Lacking in flavour and of average quality. The grilled fish that I ordered was served on a slice of sweet potato then topped with 3 snow peas and bean. No sign of sauce except a strange fine decorative red syrup around the plate. I asked the waitress if there was a sauce, she said not as such, but it has a lemon butter glaze on it. (Weirdly though it was served with half a lime.) She showed me the3+ menu and that is exactly what it said – “Lemon butter glaze” We were brought some melted old tasting butter with possible chives or parsley in it. This was a great disappointment. The meal was bland and lacked lustre for a $40 meal. When asked by the waitress how our meals were, my response was just that “It is just OK” she made no attempt to ask for more information or confirm why I was feeling this way. My husbands “surf and turf” was just as disappointing, lacking finesse required for a $55 meal. Served with 3 bottled sauces, no home-made quality sauces that I would expect from a high-quality fine dining restaurant.
This is not the only time we have been at this restaurant, both times we have been here we have found the food to be exorbitantly overpriced for its claimed fine dining experience. The first visit we had paper covered table clothes and with $55 main meals on the menu like “The Terrace Surf and Turf”, “Meat lovers Grill” and Prawns served with bottle cocktail sauce this is NOT a fine dining restaurant. Down to the service at the table. On arrival we were instructed to sign in and then the waitress pointed towards our table and told us to sit down after we signed in. I am certainly not one for formalities, but I do know if I am paying these prices for a fine dining experience I should treated in a certain way, including seating, napkin placement, ordering procedures and drinks being poured into glasses not drunk from the bottle at the table. I am extremely disappointed that I returned but I did give the restaurant a second chance as I simply must have been originally on a bad night. It truly disappoints me that we have spent nearly $200 each time to this restaurant and have been bitterly disappointed.

3  Thank kooksaustralia
Reviewed 9 July 2020

Lovely scenic view. Great service. Beautiful food. I got the seafood platter for one and enjoyed it all.

Date of visit: July 2020