“Excellent meal!”

Pearl Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 62 Restaurants in Maleny
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Used to eat here some 17 years ago when they first opened. Was always a great meal and often got takeaway right up until 10 years ago when i moved away. Staying in Maleny for a weekend recently I took my partner there. She had never been before. I described to her the simple setting but excellent food. Especially the satay beef. We arrived to find the place hadn't changed a bit. Even the same plates etc which was a nice surprise for me as it was a trip down memory lane. I ordered the Satay Beef excitedly hoping it would be the same as from 10 years ago (seeing as nothing else had changed) and........BINGO! It was spot on and i was thrilled! The Pearl Garden's Satay Beef was as amazing as I had remembered! My partner ordered a Prawn dish and it was delicious with a generous amount of prawns in the dish. The spring rolls were excellent as was the fried rice. We took BYO wine. Will definitely return when in the area. Excellent meal.

1  Thank NeilUK71

Reviewed 11 July 2017

On entering restaurant, we were greeted by a young woman and seated in a very empty restaurant, we were the only ones here. The decor is very outdated, and a Chinese restaurant that plays Greek and Hawaiian music.
After ordering our meal, the waitress bought out our meal on (WAIT FOR IT) plastic plates.
We ordered king prawns with ginger and shallots and fried rice and BBQ pork with plum sauce. For $18 there were 6 prawns, 1 piece of ginger and a few shallots. The fried rice for $9.80 was a pathetic plate of fried rice with (not kidding) 4 shrimps, and the BBQ pork that was very poor with a few pieces and veg with a so called plum sauce that had been microwaved and that was $14, on top of all that, the dinner was going cold even before our eyes.
The whole point of this review is my wife is Chinese and I've had real Chinese food (her family are chefs) and this was bloody disgusting for the price. I've had way better at a takeaway joint.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We popped in today because we were hungry, it was lunchtime, it was close & because I love chinese food. They didn't disappoint. We had the Duck with Mushrooms & Oyster Sauce, Lamb Chow Mein & Fried Rice. All was quite nice but the star was the lamb.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Go there monthly for my curried lamb take-away dinner.
Basic food but reliable, quick to serve and never disappointed

Reviewed 17 January 2017

The food at Salvation Army soup kitchens leaves this place for dead. Just a really disappointing meal.The spring rolls were OK..probably brought in frozen..Found out since that not many locals will eat there.