Lowest prices for your stay
AU$188
No prepayment needed
Priceline
AU$188
No prepayment needed
Lol.travel
All reviews french cafe well equipped kitchenette croissants great stay comfortable bed lovely touch tucked away thierry roses vase montville internet chocolate hinterland
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2023 via mobile

No mould no dust
No dead insects no smells

Everything is clean fresh and dry.

Beautiful sheets of blankets all fresh clean no smells.

Loved the complimentary
Chocolate, fruits, biscuits, and milk.

Thierry and Cindy are great hosts.
Highly recommended

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank sanjeeydeep
Reviewed 1 June 2023

Wow ! Have you ever been in a motel with a vase of fresh roses and a flowering peace lily in the room? The eye for detail by Cindy and Thierry in the rooms and the cafe is amazing. The motel is set in a gorgeous garden where breakfast and lunch are served (Thursday to Sunday). The French delicacies (including the croissants and baguettes) are made on the premises - you'll think you're in France. We'll be back !

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Lea S
Reviewed 24 May 2023

I scoured the internet for a place to stay around Maleny for 3 nights, not needing anything too flash but still something comfortable and self contained. I came across Maleny Hills Motel along with their promise of a weekday discount which sealed the deal. Fantastic price for a lovely room which was super clean and convenient to town (with a car).

I was also looking forward to the homemade French pastries and coffee at the end of the week, created by the owner himself! They did not disappoint either! I enjoyed tarts, bread, croissant and muffins. Everything was spectacular!

The room was also wonderful...large, comfortable bed and everything we needed in the kitchen and bathroom. A bonus was seeing the salt and pepper grinders which I rarely see here in New Zealand (if they give you any salt/pepper at all).

The grounds were well kept by the owner and he was always cheerful and ready to give you instructions/directions/things to do in the area. He knows it well as he had a French restaurant in a neighbouring town for many years.

When I inquired about where to see fruit bats, they went out of their way to ask a friend and let me know the location. Although I didn't find them, it was nice to wander through some neighbourhoods and look at the fabulous homes and scenery.

I cannot fault the place whatsoever, which is unusual for me as I'm a stickler for detail. So, well done to you and your wife...you've got a fantastic place there and the French bakery/cafe is the cherry on top! Will be back if I'm ever in the area again. Thank you so much!!

Room tip: There was undercover parking in front of your door. Quiet place even by the road, it wasn't that busy. By car, trip to town was only 5 min.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank hotrodgurl
Reviewed 23 May 2023

This little, character-filled motel is so much lovelier 'in person' than on the internet. My room was tucked away at the side with its own courtyard. The room was immaculately clean and tidy, and I was welcomed with a little basket of ;'goodies'. The French restaurant is superb as well. The owners, Thierry and Cindy are very friendly and couldn't be more helpful or generous. I highly recommend this little gem on the hill.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank Ausgiraff
Reviewed 10 January 2023

Starting from the intial booking, this was a fantastic experience. We have stayed in this motel many times over 20 years, and this latest visit was by far the best. I have a large van, and was concerned about being able to fit it under the carport, and during the booking phone call, Thierry went out with a tape measure to let me know the height. On arrival we were greeted by Thierry, and shown our room which was immaculate, and featured fresh roses, and a platter of fruit and chocolate.
The onsite French cafe is amazing with food prepared by Thierry and Cindy. The crepes, baguettes and croissants were delicious, and we took home some pre-prepared "heat and eat" food.
We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: January 2023