“Eat These Pies!”
Review of the maleny pie guy

the maleny pie guy
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Maleny
Description: Treat. Your. Self. Real. 'cos If You're Gonna Treat Yourself, Do It Properly. With Real Food Made With Real Local Ingredients And Real Passion. Really.
Reviewed 14 October 2021

A really interesting selection. We chose the cauliflower pie and the salmon pie. Both fantastically delicious fillings with crispy crust. All the meat pies were gone so they must also have been delicious. Pasties and sweets also. Do yourself a favour!

Date of visit: October 2021

Reviewed 13 September 2021

Maleny is known for its excellent food, and upon seeing the Maleny Pie Guy in the main street thought that will do nicely for dinner tonight.
However I was very disappointed with this pie.
We bought 2 * Family Steak pies.
When the pie was cut the contents just ran out of it
The gravy was watery and the meat lacking much flavour.
I also found the filling to be on the lean side
At over $20 each from a store specialising in pies, I was very disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2021
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2021

Hi, thanks for your review. Apologies the family pies you bought weren’t as I, and especially you, should expect. Please contact me at themalenypieguy@gmail.com to work out a solution. Thankyou, jamie…

Reviewed 28 April 2021

Had the Spinach, Fetta & Macadamia Filo Pastry Roll ....WONDERFULL!
Highly Recommended.
Other items looked just as good.

Date of visit: April 2021
5  Thank alfredk922
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Thankyou alfredk922. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

Good service and pies looked good however we had a few pies and they were all bland and little meat/chicken.

Date of visit: April 2021
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2021

Hi zorbie12. Thankyou for your review. Sorry to hear your experience isn’t what you, or I, would expect from pies. Hundreds of pies are made every week and my team and I aim to get it right every time. Could you please email me at themalenypieguy@gail.com with the pies you had, elaborate on your review and I will personally taste any pies from that batch to see where we went wrong. Sincerely, jamie.

Reviewed 11 October 2020

Locals had said these are the best pies. My Wife and I were very disappointed with the chunky steak. We were expecting large chunks but they were small and way way too much gravy. Need to have more larger chunks and less gravy, so the gravy doesn't ooze out of the pastry!!

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank David C
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Hi David. Thank you for your honest feedback. Apologies as your pies didn’t live up to your expectation. I don’t expect the above from one of my pies either. I’ve recently taken on a few new employees and I now realise more training is required. And I will pass on your recommendation for larger chunks to my meat supplier as I have my meat prepared for me. If you want to discuss further, please email me at themalenypieguy@gmail.com. Jamie - the maleny pie guy...