“Delicious Spinach, Feta & Macadamia Filo Pastry Rolls”
Review of the maleny pie guy

the maleny pie guy
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Maleny
Description: Treat. Your. Self. Real. 'cos If You're Gonna Treat Yourself, Do It Properly. With Real Food Made With Real Local Ingredients And Real Passion. Really.
Reviewed 28 April 2021

Had the Spinach, Fetta & Macadamia Filo Pastry Roll ....WONDERFULL!
Highly Recommended.
Other items looked just as good.

Date of visit: April 2021
5  Thank alfredk922
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Thankyou alfredk922. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

Good service and pies looked good however we had a few pies and they were all bland and little meat/chicken.

Date of visit: April 2021
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2021

Hi zorbie12. Thankyou for your review. Sorry to hear your experience isn’t what you, or I, would expect from pies. Hundreds of pies are made every week and my team and I aim to get it right every time. Could you please email me at themalenypieguy@gail.com with the pies you had, elaborate on your review and I will personally taste any pies from that batch to see where we went wrong. Sincerely, jamie.

Reviewed 11 October 2020

Locals had said these are the best pies. My Wife and I were very disappointed with the chunky steak. We were expecting large chunks but they were small and way way too much gravy. Need to have more larger chunks and less gravy, so the gravy doesn't ooze out of the pastry!!

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank David C
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Hi David. Thank you for your honest feedback. Apologies as your pies didn’t live up to your expectation. I don’t expect the above from one of my pies either. I’ve recently taken on a few new employees and I now realise more training is required. And I will pass on your recommendation for larger chunks to my meat supplier as I have my meat prepared for me. If you want to discuss further, please email me at themalenypieguy@gmail.com. Jamie - the maleny pie guy...

Reviewed 24 September 2020

We been visiting Maleny for years. And never disappointed with the service and quality of the pies that we had.
Such a wonderful pies.

Date of visit: September 2020
5  Thank madisong535
Reviewed 3 July 2020 via mobile

For the price point I was expecting great things. However, I was left wanting with a flaccid steak, bacon & cheese pie, void of any real goodness at all. A wet, almost empty bag of lukewarm pastry at best. Can’t fault the enthusiasm & service of the girls running the shop though, well done.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank The_AngryTourist71
mrj0001, Owner at the maleny pie guy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

sorry your experience was up to scratch. the price for my pies reflects the cost and quality of the local produce i choose to support. please email me at mrjcreative@hotmail.com for a resolution.