Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ross A
Brisbane, Australia
Perfect Overnight Getaway
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Feb 2018via mobile
We decided last minute to overnight in Maleny and randomly chose Egyptian Dream. We could not have been more pleasantly surprised. Our host, Dalila, struck the perfect balance between helpful and unobtrusive. The rooms were immaculate and very well appointed. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and healthy(perfect after the big dinner and a few drinks of the night before 😳)

Would definitely stay again.
Date of stay: January 2018Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Agoda.com
    2.4 km from Egyptian Dream Retreat
    5.9 km from Egyptian Dream Retreat
    View more hotels in Maleny
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Do your homework people. friends booked a penthouse. Had a room below the main house. Not sure what a penthouse means. Not a great experience all around. Ended up giving up and moving to montville and not staying the night even.

Date of stay: August 2017
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    11  Thank julc130
    Dalila-Lacquiere, Owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hi. Thank you for your feedback, we are unsure as to what your experiences were and who you are. We do not advertise that we have a Penthouse, we have no control if anyone else is advertising us wrongly. We have in fact Isis-Moon-Goddess which is very beautifully unique designed luxurious Egyptian theme spacious open plan 1 bedroom with lounge, kithennette, dining areas, 1 bathroom with walk-in couple's shower & 1 spa room with sitting area and courtyard. We are calling this a suite, studio, sub-penthouse which to us means what it is. A Penthouse is a luxury apartment on top of any building but we are not calling our accommodation 'Penthouse'
    We strive to make our guests and clients very happy and we are sorry that in your case this was not a happy outcome.
    Best Wishes

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

This place is a must do vist the place is gorgeous and the lovely lady ..Dalila will send you on a Egyptian dream. .that you will never want to leave once you have experienced it.. i give this place 10 out of 10... and recommend you will have the time of your life here....😊.💕

Date of stay: November 2016
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    3  Thank Tom C
    Reviewed 3 September 2016

Thank you Dalilah I had a ball at your retreat. First class treatment, went out of her way, lovely accent and a superb Mediterranean breakfast with all the trims. Had a lovely reduced treatment with a sauna and bath with flowers in it and oils and a lovely massage to cap it off. Words cant describe the experience.

Date of stay: August 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    1  Thank loraine23
    Egyptian Dream R, Business Associate at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Guest. Thank you for your wonderful response. We are very grateful and appreciative. We are very happy once again that you had another amazing experience with us and look forward to assist you when you wish to return.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Maleny. The service was excellent, plus the room was clean and beautifully presented. It was a very relaxing holiday and the accommodation definitely lived up to our expectations.

Date of stay: July 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    3  Thank annacH8733JV
    Egyptian Dream R, Owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Dear Guest. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay & that you are recommending your relaxing holiday experience with us. Cheers. Dalila Lacquiere

Reviewed 10 July 2016

This is by far the worst and most abusive treatment I have had from any business owner by any stretch of the imagination.
    Staying here totally ruined the atmosphere for our anniversary getaway.
    I am compelled to write a negative review detailing our experience, since it was truly traumatic and am flagging a warning to other travellers.

First of all, the welcome to this place called an "Oasis" (a townhouse in suburbia) we had issues from the beginning: we arrived at 3pm (check in on the website states from 2pm onwards) but we were told we couldn’t check in yet since Dalila ‘had clients’ and she then said we had to wait until 4pm or 5pm.

We literally had to wait in town with the luggage and all and found this rather inconvenient.

Arriving at 4pm, we had to wait until 4:15pm and upon entering she said to us’ I have a client now so I'll come back at 5:30pm to check you in properly’, then adding ‘you won't be having dinner yet by then’ (assuming she knew what our plans were).

At 5:30pm we heard nothing from her, I texted after 15 minutes with no reply as I just didn't want to have this dropping in surprise happen on the night of our anniversary. As we were wondering what was happening I asked if we could it tomorrow instead to which I had no reply.
    She then called at 630pm saying ‘can I come over now’ - I said ‘’fine’, just wanting to get it all done and dealt with. Ten minutes went by and nothing.
    Then a knock at the side door, she didn’t give any courtesy to space and basically pushed our belongings out of the way so she could sit inside our room, which we found rather intrusive.

She sat at the table touching things and seeming to want to drag things out, staring all around the room, making us feel rather awkward and invaded in our privacy.

She went on for a while talking about all these bad experiences she had had in the past and lecturing us on how to do basic daily tasks such as opening windows during showers and was talking to us as though we didn’t know how to close a window.

We decided to get on with it and asked her when check out would be, she said 10am, and so I reasonably asked whether there would be any flexibility of a late checkout since she didn’t let us check in until 4.15pm.

At this point she turned and aggressively said “that’s not my problem” and told us that if we do stay after ten there would be an extra $50 charge.

We then made the point calmly that given we were not allowed in the room until 4.15pm (when on the booking confirmation it says check in after 2pm) a little flexibility on check out wasn’t too much to ask.
    She defended her actions saying that ‘she has clients dropping in at any time’ and when we asked why she didn’t let us know she had clients coming and that we may have to wait for check in she replied ‘that is none of your business’. She added that she had already made a concession by letting us have our guinea pigs (in a cage) in the room, and therefore couldn’t ask too much.

When my partner attempted to contribute to the conversation Dalila rudely said about her ‘this one has a lip on her’ and then adding ‘she also has an ego’ and basically telling her off for speaking up as ‘she did not make the booking’.

I was shocked at the way she spoke to my partner and I asked her ‘not to speak to her in that way’.
    Next she provided a healthy dose of racism towards my partner by asking in a venomous tone “Where are you from” because she has an accent, when my partner refused to tell her she demanded again to know where she was from, as if she was waiting to make a remark on her origins.

She actually turned my partner into tears to the point that she had to leave the room.

Things turned rather sour and both myself and my partner started feeling quite annoyed at her aggressive manners and the fact that she was basically ruining what was supposed to be our anniversary time together.

We were paying $300 for a room where we had to sit and be abused until 7pm which was more than a joke. She then demanded very rudely my credit card details in full, which I flat out refused after the abuse she had thrown out, she also wanted my drivers license and car rego. I reasonably and calmly at this point said I wouldn’t be doing that, since I had already provided my credit card details through the website.

At that point she threatened that if I did not provide my credit card details she would call the police on us.
    She started screaming at another lady staying there saying ‘call Wotif and call the Police’.
    I encouraged her to call them and added that we no longer wanted to stay there.

The other lady came in and asked Dalila if ‘she was crazy’. She then kindly assisted us in packing our bags and when my partner asked her ‘whether Dalila was always like this’ she replied ‘we have had some pretty bad reviews in the past..’

We packed up and totally shaken at what had happened left at 7.30pm, with nowhere to stay.

Warning to other travellers out of this - the place is nowhere near what is marketed on their website, the flowers were yellow and dying, there is nothing like what is advertised in the bathrooms, completely overpriced and gaudy. Totally unstable owner who should not be running a business with clientele of any kind, does not know the first thing about hospitality or respect to guests.

Totally ruined what was meant to be a relaxing anniversary weekend. I am expecting a reply full of lies and abuse based on what I have read from the other posts and duly noted that on the night even after 3 hours of being in that place she had threatened us with ‘if you leave a bad review I know how to respond’. In her other replies to bad reviews it is obvious Delila doesn’t hold back from making personal attacks, vulgar assumptions and prejudicial statements that actually violate the Management Response Guidelines.

Their listing is under further investigation by Wotif management for misleading claims and improper conduct so save yourself time and money and don't stay here unless you are into masochism!!

Date of stay: July 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    57  Thank Peter V
    Dalila-Lacquiere, Owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi. This review is not what actually happened, guest arrived with guinea pigs in a large cage and expected them to be in his room, refused to show us any ID's which violates our insurance & business policies. A full refund was given to guest.
    Thank you for your feedback.