Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kristy G
Brisbane, Australia

My partner and I loved it so much we wrote a review!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Apr 2016
Fellow travellers,
My partner and I had our first weekend getaway at this gorgeous retreat and we weren't disappointed!
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome by our wonderful hostess Dalila! who throughout our entire stay was a delight and pleasure to chat with not only that she also made us the most delicious breakfast at no extra cost!

The room was immaculate, the only way I can think to describe it is luxury meets the calming influence of nature.

If you are after a healing and calming experience with a personal touch we can not recommend this place enough!
Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Egyptian Dream R, Owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this review
Responded 5 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review and that you were not disappointed. We are always most grateful, it was indeed our honour to have assisted you and your partner during your stay. We are looking forward to your return. Cheers.
AU$185
  • eDreams
  • Agoda.com
8.6 km from Egyptian Dream Retreat
View more hotels in Maleny
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2016

A beautifully appointed luxurious Retreat and Day Spa with lush tropical gardens right in the heart of Maleny.

Our stay in the Isis Penthouse, with our own personal entrance, an amazing sunken spa (made even more exotic with floating fresh flowers and herbs) a lounge space, enormous bathroom and Egyptian furniture, was our own personal hideaway that refreshed and nourished the soul after a long week at work.

The peaceful views across the hills through the day were transformed by night with the sounds of cicadas and frogs, to our own personal haven with fun and creative garden lighting.

Dalila was a delightful host providing an amazing breakfast and recommended that we dine at a local Nepalese restaurant (absolutely superb cuisine and atmosphere) and only a short stroll to the vibrant main street.

We truly feel blessed to have found this unique escape, and hope to return soon to breathe the fresh air and to experience some of the Natural therapies and Day Spa (Sauna and Egyptian Bath), that are on offer.

Date of stay: February 2016
3  Thank 999julian999
Egyptian Dream R, Business Associate at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Guests. Thank you for sharing our dreams and staying at our Isis-Moon-Goddess sub-penthouse, your response is very meaningful to us and thank you for allowing yourselves absorb fully a different culture, ambience and an exotic luxurious experience within a holistic Egyptian, Mediterranean space. We would really love your return. Best Wishes.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Last year my wife and I celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary and wished to return to the spot where we honeymooned. So we looked on line and booked a BnB at Maleny and imagined cottages set in the grounds of a spot looking from the mountain range. In reality it was a large high-set home that was divided in to individual self-contained rooms in the middle of suburbia. The interior was framed with largely framed mirrors to make it appear big which it wasn't. The spa was a bath with jets and you had to go outside to switch it on. When we asked the host about breakfast we were told that she had stopped doing breakfasts because everyone asked for bacon and eggs and she could not ethically do this as she's vegan. Being a coffee drinker and coffee making facilities mentioned on the website I was told there was tea, coffee, sugar and an electric kettle but no milk. This was because of the shameful way that the cows and their calves are treated by the milk industry. There was a lovely bedcover on top of the bed which she told us to fold up and put away in the wardrobe till we leave and not to lay on it. We also asked about the advertised specials surprises and was told that this was to do with discounts for massages as she was a masseuse. Feeling rather ripped off we declined the offer of a massage. After declining her massages and a five minute showing of the ropes, we did not see her again and when we left she told us by phone she was to busy to see us off. We complained to the booking agent and got a small amount back and then we wrote our complaints on their site. We noticed that other negative reviews the 'resort' owner made comments on how rude those guest were on their visit. It was so disappointing that I feel like going to Maleny again this year and staying at a spot we found whilst exploring the area and hope to recapture the enjoyment we had on our honeymoon.

Date of stay: April 2015
24  Thank stewy68
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

I have stayed at a number of establishments around the world but none have been as exquisite @ Dalila's home/retreat. The room designs, the snacks the amazing breakfasts / flowers / bath salts were all superb & the hospitality fantastic! Thank you for a great 2 nights stay & I will be back :) Hayley

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Whitelawh
Egyptian Dream R, Owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2015

Dear Reviewer. Thank you so much for your amazing review, we are grateful & appreciative that you fully enjoyed your stay and had wonderful experiences. We have much more to offer in ways of unique relaxation massages, Colour Mist Sauna, Egyptian Spa, Cleopatra, Samson & Delilah therapies. We are looking forward to your return & please mention your name so we will look after you with the most special rates & highest quality therapies. We acknowledge & reward our kind honest reviewers. Cheers. Dalila

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I recently stayed at this property alone. I had booked the room as a romantic get away for my boyfriend and I, but we ended up splitting up before hand. I am so glad I went alone as he would not have appreciated the beauty and serenity of the property.

I read a number of different reviews before staying at this property, but I will always give a place a chance and make up my own mind. All I can say is, I am SO glad that I stayed.

Dalila the owner is one of the most beautiful and compassionate people I have ever met. Kind hearted, lovely spirit, and so warm and welcoming. She has wonderful energy. Took great pride in her property. It was pelting down with rain when I arrived and she greeted me with a big smile and took me into my beautiful room. While I stayed in the smallest of the rooms, it was just gorgeous.

While part of one very big house (more like a mansion) all the rooms are completely separate, have private entrances and balcony areas so you don't have to go through the house in anyway. It's all very private. It's just lovely.

The room was beautifully furnished, had a lot of natural light and the most gorgeous view of the Maleny Hills (even though it was raining). The spa bath was beautiful and what I most enjoyed. Dalila went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable, had some beautiful nibblies for me, and set up my spa bath for me with beautiful flowers and bath salts. It was devine :)

Was such a lovely place to stay, and so peaceful and healing. The breakfast was delicious and healthy and combined all my favourite fruits :) Nothing was ever too hard for Dalila and couldn't have asked for a more nicer hostess.

I sadly didn't get to have a treatment while I was there, but I highly recommend the Egyptian Dream Retreat as a place to stay, it's in a great location, and walking distance to the shops and cafe's as well.

Give it a go, and enjoy your stay :) Don't listen to the haters. This place may not be for everyone, but for people who appreciate a bit of culture, something a little different, and a warm and welcoming environment you can't go wrong.

Room tip: Beautiful views of Maleny Hills, and all have a spa bath, and beautiful furnishings.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Travellingisliving83
Egyptian Dream R, Dalila Lacquiere - owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for staying and enjoying all we offered especially the gift of spa flowers and health salts treatment. We cherish your honest and your truthful opinion is of great value to us and whoever wishes to step out of the norm and relish our Mediterranean Egyptian Brazilian cultures. We are looking very much forward to your return to relax, clear negative issues of past relationship and enjoy a treatment of your choice to open you more to receiving that amazing Soul Mate, abundance and the romantic love you so deserve with your chosen one. Blessings from Dalila

Reviewed 25 October 2015

A quiet retreat with the best massage I have ever experienced. Loved the décor and the owners approach to guests. The breakfast was wonderful. I needed a little retreat like this that was so close to many other services, events and foods that I wanted to taste. I would return to Malaney and to the Egyptian Dream Retreat in a heartbeat. Thank you for an amazing experience that I will never forget. Dr Beth.

Date of stay: September 2015
5  Thank beth d
Egyptian Dream R, Dalila Lacquiere - owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

My Dearest Reviewer. Thank your for your heartfelt experiences here. Your amazing comments left us with flutters especially that you would return back in a heartbeat. We are awaiting your return with open hearts. Blessings Galore to your & your loved ones. Cheers. Dalila Lacquiere