Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Whitelawh
Brisbane, Australia

Lovely!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Nov 2015via mobile
I have stayed at a number of establishments around the world but none have been as exquisite @ Dalila's home/retreat. The room designs, the snacks the amazing breakfasts / flowers / bath salts were all superb & the hospitality fantastic! Thank you for a great 2 nights stay & I will be back :) Hayley
Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Egyptian Dream R, Owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this review
Responded 25 Dec 2015
Dear Reviewer. Thank you so much for your amazing review, we are grateful & appreciative that you fully enjoyed your stay and had wonderful experiences. We have much more to offer in ways of unique relaxation massages, Colour Mist Sauna, Egyptian Spa, Cleopatra, Samson & Delilah therapies. We are looking forward to your return & please mention your name so we will look after you with the most special rates & highest quality therapies. We acknowledge & reward our kind honest reviewers. Cheers. Dalila
0.7 km from Egyptian Dream Retreat
  • Priceline
  • Agoda.com
8.6 km from Egyptian Dream Retreat
View more hotels in Maleny
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I recently stayed at this property alone. I had booked the room as a romantic get away for my boyfriend and I, but we ended up splitting up before hand. I am so glad I went alone as he would not have appreciated the beauty and serenity of the property.

I read a number of different reviews before staying at this property, but I will always give a place a chance and make up my own mind. All I can say is, I am SO glad that I stayed.

Dalila the owner is one of the most beautiful and compassionate people I have ever met. Kind hearted, lovely spirit, and so warm and welcoming. She has wonderful energy. Took great pride in her property. It was pelting down with rain when I arrived and she greeted me with a big smile and took me into my beautiful room. While I stayed in the smallest of the rooms, it was just gorgeous.

While part of one very big house (more like a mansion) all the rooms are completely separate, have private entrances and balcony areas so you don't have to go through the house in anyway. It's all very private. It's just lovely.

The room was beautifully furnished, had a lot of natural light and the most gorgeous view of the Maleny Hills (even though it was raining). The spa bath was beautiful and what I most enjoyed. Dalila went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable, had some beautiful nibblies for me, and set up my spa bath for me with beautiful flowers and bath salts. It was devine :)

Was such a lovely place to stay, and so peaceful and healing. The breakfast was delicious and healthy and combined all my favourite fruits :) Nothing was ever too hard for Dalila and couldn't have asked for a more nicer hostess.

I sadly didn't get to have a treatment while I was there, but I highly recommend the Egyptian Dream Retreat as a place to stay, it's in a great location, and walking distance to the shops and cafe's as well.

Give it a go, and enjoy your stay :) Don't listen to the haters. This place may not be for everyone, but for people who appreciate a bit of culture, something a little different, and a warm and welcoming environment you can't go wrong.

Room tip: Beautiful views of Maleny Hills, and all have a spa bath, and beautiful furnishings.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Travellingisliving83
Egyptian Dream R, Dalila Lacquiere - owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for staying and enjoying all we offered especially the gift of spa flowers and health salts treatment. We cherish your honest and your truthful opinion is of great value to us and whoever wishes to step out of the norm and relish our Mediterranean Egyptian Brazilian cultures. We are looking very much forward to your return to relax, clear negative issues of past relationship and enjoy a treatment of your choice to open you more to receiving that amazing Soul Mate, abundance and the romantic love you so deserve with your chosen one. Blessings from Dalila

Reviewed 25 October 2015

A quiet retreat with the best massage I have ever experienced. Loved the décor and the owners approach to guests. The breakfast was wonderful. I needed a little retreat like this that was so close to many other services, events and foods that I wanted to taste. I would return to Malaney and to the Egyptian Dream Retreat in a heartbeat. Thank you for an amazing experience that I will never forget. Dr Beth.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank beth d
Egyptian Dream R, Dalila Lacquiere - owner at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

My Dearest Reviewer. Thank your for your heartfelt experiences here. Your amazing comments left us with flutters especially that you would return back in a heartbeat. We are awaiting your return with open hearts. Blessings Galore to your & your loved ones. Cheers. Dalila Lacquiere

Reviewed 5 October 2015

My Husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and were treated like royalty. We arrived needing a break and could not have been more relaxed as we checked out.The rooms were very clean and decorated with amazing furnishings.We were situated in a quiet area,our host Dalila could not have been more accommodating.All in all we were extremely pleased with our getaway and will definitely be returning.Just a tip, the massages and facial treatments that Dalila offers are a must.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank Brett and Sue B
Egyptian Dream R, Business Associate at Egyptian Dream Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Reviewer. We appreciate your wonderful input, that you enjoyed your stay especially the massages and thoroughly enjoyed the serenity & beauty of this little Retreat. Isis Moon Goddess is waiting your return.
Thank you so much for your valuable contribution.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Warm and welcoming gorgeous accommodation and surroundings.

As soon as we walked in we felt relaxed.

It is beautifully furnished clean and tidy.

The food is fresh and well presented.

Perfect place to rejuvenate and unwind.

So much on offer in paradise.

Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
9  Thank Wallace128

Dear Reviewer. We are very happy that you liked this place so much and thank you so much for your time writing these beautiful words. We are looking forward to meeting you when you would like to enjoy some more relaxing time and beauty.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

I will highlight both the good and bad aspects of this accommodation. Firstly it is very falsely marketed on the webpage, and EXTREMELY overpriced. At almost $300 per night for the Isis Moon Sub Penthouse, we expected so much more than a self-contained granny flat underneath somebody's home in a suburban street. 'Absolutely your dream retreat' is absolutely not the case. If I had paid $100 or so for each night, and was not mislead into thinking this was a beautiful luxury relaxation retreat, I would have been happy. If I knew it was a room under someone's home I would not have booked at all! The room itself was spacious, clean and well presented. But the webpage stated that our room was 'Overlooking an Egyptian pond, fragrant gardens, cascading water fountains and Maleny hillside views' which is also not the case. Our ground floor room overlooked a still and stagnant concrete tub of murky green water that had a teabag floating in it. There was no fountain, no cascading water of any sort and whilst the garden was fragrant, it had been taken over by weeds. The hills were hills with other houses on them and were barely visible from our room. Our main view was of neighbouring homes. There was no body polish or moisturiser provided either as the webpage claims. Breakfast both days was really lovely although there is no menu and we had no idea what we were getting when we asked for the 'Mediterranean' breakfast as per the webpage. The first day it was fresh fruit and yoghurt sprinkled with muesli. The second day we asked for the same and got lentil soup and a Greek salad, fresh fruit and crusty bread. Really nice but a menu would be beneficial. Our initial experience with the owner 'Dalila' upon arrival was extremely stressful and confrontational. After paying almost $600 up front for the accommodation, she demanded a further $250.00 'BOND' on arrival in case we 'steal or break things'. We were most offended and refused, although we did provide a credit card number AND driver licence number as security. Dalila then insisted she had to photograph our Drivers Licence, and wanted the CCV number from the back of our credit card. We refused that also, for obvious reasons. She argued, and was rude and insulting and pushy when we got there and very difficult to deal with. She also called Expedia right in front of us to 'report us' for not allowing her to photograph our ID. Prior to our arrival we were told it would cost $25 extra for sheets to put on a sofa bed because we asked for two beds when we booked, and there was only one bed in the room. After our initial altercation with Dalila we felt unwelcome, stressed and uptight - certainly not what we expected at a 'relaxation retreat'. She later waived the $25 fee and went out of her way to be nice. We were each provided with a voucher for $100 off treatments but unfortunately we will not be returning to use them. This place should be marketed as a bed and breakfast without the misleading information that gives a very false impression that it is a luxury relaxation retreat, and the price needs a major reduction. The accommodation is not worth any more than $100 a night. Photographs of the outside also need to be included on the webpage for the 'retreat' so that people can be accurately informed of what they are getting prior to booking. We really expected a beautiful, secluded luxury relaxation retreat, and were greatly disappointed at what we got for the price. If payment was refundable we would have relocated to a real retreat somewhere nearby. We wish we had read the other reviews here prior to booking. The fact that even the local information centre refuse to deal with the owner or recommend the place speaks volumes.

Trip type: Travelled with friends