“An enjoyable surprise ”

Brouhaha Brewery & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Maleny
Price range: AU$6 - AU$40
Description: Born out of necessity and raised in the Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast. Brouhaha Brewery and Restaurant adopts the principles of its hometown, Maleny. Embracing community, a slower pace and fresh local produce in how we brew our craft beer and create our seasonal menu. Brouhaha Brewery is our way of sharing our love for quality food and beer with the people. Our core range of beers has been carefully crafted and designed to tempt beer drinkers to start a journey with craft brewing and to encourage people to drink better beer. Our seasonal menu is designed with minimal intervention to allow for the fresh Sunshine Coast Produce to shine.
Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

Brouhaha wasn’t on our list of things to show our interstate relatives but we stumbled across it and decided to go on in.
It’s starts off with a playful exterior of funny signs, and a huge chair to have a photo in.
There’s a large array of different beers to choose from, as well as inside or on the deck seating. The place was pumping with customers when we were there, so it’s pretty popular I suspect.
I enjoyed my beer, and we had some pork crackling as a snack too, which was pretty good.
I’d go back here again, it was pretty cool.

3  Thank TraceyP142
brouhahamanager, Manager at Brouhaha Brewery & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2020

Hey Tracey,

We are so glad that you stopped into our Maleny brewery and brought your guests with you! I am glad to hear that you enjoy your beer and the pork scratching. It seems as though you enjoyed your visit to Brouhaha but only gave us three stars. We would love to hear what you think we could improve on. If you would like to send us an email to info
@brouhahabrewery.com.au, we would love to hear your feedback. Can't wait to have you at Brouhaha again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2020 via mobile

For someone who likes IPA craft beers the selection isn't really here. The 10 keg sampler has more fruit/sour tasters than a true hops IPA.
If you visit on a Sunday you may need to wait for a table. The food while having fancy names the dish itself is quite plain.

2  Thank Rita E

Hey Rita,

Thanks so much for your review! I too am a huge fan of IPAs, but we can't fill all our ten taps with strictly IPAs. We love to brew a variety of beer, some which are not so common, and we do love adding some fruit to our beer styles, like our Strawberry Rhubarb Sour and Raspberry Saison. Our weekends do get very busy and it is a good idea to book a table before visiting our Maleny Brewery. We are sorry that you experience a plain meal. Our menu is created seasonally, using local ingredients. Usually, our Chefs produce amazing meals. We hope that you will be back to try our beer and food again.

Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

I have heard great reviews from friends about this place so was really looking forward to our planned lunch visit. Food & beer didn’t disappoint but I thought the service was below par compared to other breweries/ restaurants I have been. As we had 4 children with us I wanted to order food & drinks for them straight away but was told that I could order drinks but not food at this time. We ordered and received first lot of drinks pretty quickly but then it was another 20 mins before food orders were taken and another 30 mins before some children’s meals arrived. I then ordered more drinks It was another 40 mins after that before the adult meals arrived. It was busy but I would have thought given their reputation this would be normal. It appeared they were short staffed.

1  Thank GandD1959

Hey G and D,

Thanks so much for the feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your food and drinks. We did get very busy on the holiday season and did our best to staff accordingly. Sometimes a service it can be a little unpredictable. We are sorry that you have bad service on the day that you visited and your feedback has been taken on board. We hope that we will see you at our brewery again soon to give us another chance.

Reviewed 31 December 2019

We arrived very late for lunch. We had no booking, but they accommodated us and served and excellent meal. I had Scallop and prawn Ceviche. It was simply out of this world. I wish I could get back there again. 3 delicious burgers and a chilli beef. All our plates were cleaned.! It is rather expensive.

Date of visit: December 2019
3  Thank gwyneth v

Hey Gwyneth,

Thanks so much for the review! We do our best to fit everyone in, even though we can get very busy during the weekends. If we have a table available, it is yours!! And I couldn't agree more! The Ceviche is amazing, and pairs very well with our Raspberry Saison. We hope to see you at our Maleny Brewery again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2019

Lovely place and location, you do need to book. We got a lovely table allocated to us outside on the deck, glad we weren't inside as it was quite a hot day and it was hot inside. The staff were really lovely and helpful, the food was beautiful, thoroughly enjoyed the meal (it was a lunch) My husband enjoyed the beer selection and even my non alcoholic drink was beautifully presented. Generally we are not vegan food eaters, althou there are meat based meals. I had a plant based meal which was just delicious. My husband had a meat meal and he said ti was great! All in all a great place to dine, and we would go back there again.

Date of visit: December 2019

Hey Viv,

Thanks so much for the review. We do get very busy, so it is wise to book. I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your meals and your drinks. We do try to accommodate all dietary requirements and think it is important to have some vegan/vegetarian options. We hope to see you at our Maleny Brewery again soon!