“Great food!”

Frogs Kuranda
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Kuranda
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Esablished in 1980 and still run by the same dedicated family of chefs, baristas and managers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my husband ate here and had such a great experience with great service and even better food. My husband said it was some of the best fish he has had!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (580)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate lunch here on New Year's Eve. The service was good with our water being refreshed and icy cold. It was needed on such a hot and humid day so that was good. I had the avocado and feta toast and my husband had the steak burger. We both enjoyed our meals and they were a good size serving. The only thing is it's a little bit hot because you are sitting on the verandah but it was still good overall and the icy water certainly helped. Overall a nice lunch.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great location even when the rest of the markets are closed. Looking out over the wildlife zoo and eating with dragons wondering around. The pizzas were good. My coffee was average.

Reviewed 5 December 2020

The food was average, or a little below. Very expensive for what it was. We tried it, I wouldn't recommend it or eat there again.

Date of visit: December 2020
Terry P, Owner at Frogs Kuranda, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Hi Brian I am sorry that Frogs was not what you expected, certainly "average" is not what we expect our meals to be and "expensive"??? obviously I do not know what you ordered but I can say that our ingredients are fresh and of the highest quality and nearly every item is produced by my team of chefs and cooks on the premises, our serves are above average in size.
"Tourist Trap"? Frogs has been operating in Kuranda serving its locals since 1980 that's 40 years looking after local residents and yes tourists look for Frogs because of our good reputation.
Thanks for the review I always appreciate feedback.

Reviewed 2 December 2020

We went there for lunch while up in Kuranda and the service was brilliant and their fish & chips are hands down the best we had up there. The fish was nice & fresh, just melting. YUM!

Date of visit: November 2020

Wild caught barramundi is our fish for the beer battered fish and chips and yes it really is very good, I have been buying this barramundi from the same fisherman for 6 years now and he excels in what he provides.
Thanks for your review.