See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

$12 lunches with choice of 3 mains and vegetables or salad. Could have been a bit hotter, but tasty and the staff very friendly. Nice central location. Good place to stop over between Townsville and Cairns :-)

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darryl B
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was recently on a cycling trip in North Queensland so spent a night each in a variety of hotels. I came across this place from Google Maps and I have to say it was the pick of the bunch. Only $30/night for a great room with fridge and aircon (didn't use the air con). The rooms are old but in good condition, and there is a nice shared balcony around the outside of the hotel with tables and chairs for reading, or a drink (or bike storage!). Bathroom is shared but clean. Lunch in the bistro was only $10, a real bargain and just what I needed after a long bike ride. I can't recommend this place highly enough for the budget traveller and I would certainly stay there again if passing through Ingham. For other travellers I'd recommend calling ahead, it wasn't full when I was there but there were lots of other guests and I expect it does fill up sometimes. They held the room for me without credit card details, and I really appreciated that too. Thanks to all at Royal Hotel, you guys rock!

Room tip: I had a side facing room (room 6), which was probably quieter than facing the street. They have a late disco on the weekend so you might want to take that into account when choosing a room.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank travellinman2112
Royal hotel ing... Q, Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

We at the royal hotel in ingham are pleased to receive this latest review. You are welcome any time, we love to hear from anybody that has stayed. Thanks again, and please keep posting.
~ the royal management.