All reviews the main street shared balcony pub memorabilia meals bonus history yuck
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I stayed here when working nearby. We had all booked queen rooms but 2 of us found single beds in our rooms. While I had a room out the back which was quiet both of my colleagues had a front room and all they heard was the airbrakes and truck horns all night.
The WIFI didn't work and there was no turn down or linen changes in the week I was there which is fine in something self contained but not in a hotel room with limited facilities to wash dishes etc.
We were provided with mugs, plates and spoons but no knives to put on toast even though a toaster was provided.
Overall not enjoyable in a cramped small hotel room

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This is the worst hotel booking experience I have ever had – and we have travelled extensively!
I booked at this hotel in April when I did many other bookings trying to get a reservation for the Italian festival. At that time I could not get 4 nights for 6 of us so I took a variety of bookings. Later I secured a booking elsewhere. I cancelled all bookings I didn’t need and 6 weeks before we left I reviewed all the emails and contacts I had to ensure all was in order.
At no time did I receive a CONFIRMATION NUMBER, RATE, TYPE OF ROOM OR REFERENCE of my booking to this hotel.
Nor did I receive a confirmation call. I did receive a call on the night of the booking to say, “Where are you?” This in fact this was after we had coincidentally had lunch at this hotel at which one member of our party had a glass of red wine so thick with sediment that when shown to your staff member she simply took it saying “Oh!” and washed it!!! When I explained the situation to the owner, he had no interest or responsibility for the fact that he had not confirmed our booking in any way nor communicated with us at all.
And so the impudent treatment of tourists continued as the hotel proceeded to charge my credit card for a service I did not receive. I have no idea what the agreed rate was and certainly find that the charge put through my account, which I dispute, makes no sense.
I am horrified at the way I have been treated and to think that visitors to our beautiful country would be treated this way.
I certainly hope future visitors take heed of this poor service and give it a big miss! It’s not even a great hotel!

Room tip: Don't go there!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn L
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Lees Hotel provides comfortable, clean and very pleasant hotel accommodation. The room I had accessed the large balcony overlooking Lannercost St, and was quiet and comfortable. The pub downstairs is quiet, and offers great meals.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely lunch here with a great salad made especially for me, as I have a gluten intolerance and don't eat meat. My fried. Said "I'll eat less dinner tonight 'coz this has filled me right up."
Classic pub style food and great to boot!Loved the photos, paintings, history and walls covered with memorabilia.
Food, drinks and service was great!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend cricket reunion weekend..

Asked for a single room, the bed was smaller than I have at home and I have a king single.

Dirty and unclean room.
A/c looks like it hadn't been cleaned in months, had to ask the amazingly helpful girl for simple luxurious such as ice cubes, a dead fly on the window sill above the toilet, half the windows wouldn't open, mould on the tiles and in the grouting in the shower.

They charge extra (over $30) for simple room turnover, daily.

Paid for the first room in advance at $90 p/n, was made to pay $95 p/n for the next two nights the day I arrived.
I've worked in hospitality for over 10 years, and that room is worth $80 at best.

Only upside, the steak dinner I had was amazing and the girl on concierge seemed to be doing everything in the pub during my stay, cudos to her efforts.

Trip type: Travelled solo