When you first arrive at base you initially think WOW and then you meet the staff. I can honestly say i have never met such a rude receptionist in all my time traveling. The rooms also look like they could do with a good clean. My advice would be stay well clear and stay at bungerlow bay instead
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Base Magnetic Island is a must do on any East Coast trip - in fact it's a destination holiday in its own right, especially as the only backpackers in Australia with 100% beach frontage. Boasting on average, more than 320 days of sunshine per year, Magnetic Island is the ultimate tropical adventure for anyone looking for something special Spend your days sipping a cocktail in the sun by the pool, spotting koalas from North Australia's largest wild Koala population or learning to dive at our on site SCUBA facility. From lazy days on the beach directly in front of the property to heaving parties of over 4,000 people for our Full Moon Down Under events - Base Backpackers has something for everyone. From ocean front en-suite private cabins - to shaded camping grounds and everything in-between, we've got an on site travel shop, cafe, restaurant and party bar and a team of staff that are willing to help in any way we can. Come stay and play in one of Australia's premier backpackers, on beautiful Magnetic Island. Getting here: Catch the SealinkQLD ferry transfer from Townsville to Nelly Bay, then it is a short ride on the Public Bus heading towards 'Picnic Bay' the bus stop is out the front of our property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Base Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel Magnetic Island
- Base Backpackers Magnetic Island, Queensland