I have a gripe with Cooroy Country Cottages...in this day and age of thick, white, fluffy Egyptian cotton bath sheets, their towels are just way too small, even if they are extremely absorbent. Apart from that, Cooroy Country Cottages are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!
My partner and I needed pet-friendly accommodation for a weekend away near Cooroy and Cooroy Country Cottages fit the bill perfectly! Highlights included:
* $195 per night (2 night minimum) for the Federation cottage, which sleeps 4 but that I think is excellent value even if like us there are only 2 of you staying
* Cottage is exceptionally clean, well-maintained and furnished quaintly with beautiful old antiques and lots of plush soft furnishings
* Has everything you would possibly need, from the wind up torch and towels for drying wet dogs, to the air con for chilly nights and selection of DVDs
* Great if travelling with your dog - which we were - because house trained dogs are allowed inside while you're there, and although the cottage isn't fenced it does have a fenced verandah all around the cottage where you can keep your dog if you need to go out without them. Dog sitting is also available on-site if you'd prefer.
* Situated on 97 acres - some landscaped gardens, some unimproved acreage - with a creek running through the middle and our dog had an absolute ball exploring the property and endlessly retrieving sticks from the creek. He was exhausted but couldn't wait to go back for more the next day!
* If you're very lucky you might run into Jim and Rooby, his giant Schnauzer, on their afternoon walk and have the pleasure of chatting to Jim and hearing about his experiences with the property. The property is truly a credit to him and his business partner, Paul, who experienced many trials and tribulations while establishing it - thank goodness they persisted!
Anyway, don't just take my word for it, check it out for yourself. I've heard it's even more beautiful in Spring when many of the trees and plants begin to flower...but don't forget to pack your bath sheets :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury modern self-contained 1,2 & 3 bedroom PRIVATE cottages with full kitchens, dining areas, heat\air, ceiling fans, laundry, TV, DVD, gas bbq, verandahs, patios, double carports, set among 97 rural Noosa secluded acres. Nature is on show with mountain & valley panoramic views, creek, parklands, 8,000 tree arboretum, 4km of groomed bushtrails, native wildlife and tranquility. Large garden/rock pond area with waterfalls, gazebo and boardwalk. Miniature cattle and horses add to the rural charm. PETS AND CHILDREN WELCOME. WHEELCHAIR ACCESS\DISABILITY-DESIGNED COTTAGE. Each cottage situated at least 50 metres apart and surrounded by a private yard and gardens to assure extreme privacy. Central location to Noosa beaches and most Sunshine Coast attractions within a thirty minute drive. Complete town services and shopping in Cooroy with easy access to Bruce Highway or Queensland Rail system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Agoda so you can book your Cooroy Country Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cooroy Country Cottages Queensland