“Disaster Averted!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Cooktown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Dropping in for breakfast with my nine-year-old great niece, I was horrified that the pancakes had run out and were not on the menu.

In a panic, I reviewed the menu. I love scrambled eggs, but I have also eaten some very rubbery, tasteless and cold versions. I decided to bite the bullet and try their scrambled eggs. My young relative ordered a full breakfast - and consumed most of it. Very impressive.

My scrambled eggs were - perfect. Obviously properly scrambled, rather than having the sin beaten out of them, they were tasty, soft, hot and fulfilling.

Wow.

We will return when we are in Cooktown next time.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is a lovely cafe with good food and friendly staff. Sitting on the raised counter eating breakfast and looking out was really entertaining.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We went to this cafe while visiting Cairns last year, and it was awesome. My husband and I were honeymooning, and I suggested Capers for breakfast. What a huge disappointment that was. We arrived at 06:45hrs and ordered 2 big breakfast and 2 mugs of late. Then we asked to use the internet to access our emails. The guy did not tell us it was a 20 minutes limit, so my husband and I logged in and wasted our 20 minutes talking. He then wanted to charge $12 per hour each to use the net. The coffee was warm, when I asked for extra hot and the bacon was terrible. I did not go back there during our stay. The quality of service and meals are gone downhill. We will never go back there again. The shack with the fish on top down by the wharf, is our recommended place to go. Anywhere but CAPERS!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We only had time to have breakfast here, but the scrambled eggs on toast were just like home (probably better) and the coffee very good. The cafe seemed to have cars outside whenever we walked past. I think it is only open for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped for coffee and a cake. Great coffee, decaf latte. And a very nice gluten free cake. Worth a visit. Very friendly staff.